Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the JCONCEPTS B4 HiFlow body with the new TRU-RC.com wrap!

This car was run by TRU R/C Team Driver Travis Erkeneff at the Cactus Classic!
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-b4.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the JCONCEPTS HiFlow T4 body with the new TRU-RC.com wrap!

This T4FT was an A Main Finisher at the Cactus Classic! It was driven by Travis Erkeneff.
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-t4.jpg  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Andy,

I have removed the fan from my LRP Sphere TC ESC, but the heatsink is still slightly too tall and pushes one side of the body slightly higher.

You mentioned the heat sink of your LRP esc touches the side of your 0001SL High Flow body. My question is does the heat sink pushes the body higher? I don't mind if the heat sink touches the body, as long as it doesn't change the natural shape of the body.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hi Andy,

I have removed the fan from my LRP Sphere TC ESC, but the heatsink is still slightly too tall and pushes one side of the body slightly higher.

You mentioned the heat sink of your LRP esc touches the side of your 0001SL High Flow body. My question is does the heat sink pushes the body higher? I don't mind if the heat sink touches the body, as long as it doesn't change the natural shape of the body.

Thanks in advance.
How do you have your ESC mounted? I am running the same ESC as you, with the fan removed. I mounted my ESC with the sensor output facing the front of the car (the side "sphere" sticker is facing the left side of the chassis) and I slammed it against the battery compartment. My 0001SL body fits square without having to grind material from the heatsink.

I hope this helps.

Sean
Old 03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maybell
How do you have your ESC mounted? I am running the same ESC as you, with the fan removed. I mounted my ESC with the sensor output facing the front of the car (the side "sphere" sticker is facing the left side of the chassis) and I slammed it against the battery compartment. My 0001SL body fits square without having to grind material from the heatsink.

I hope this helps.

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the advice.

I have the ESC mounted in the same direction as you do. I have also moved it to as close toward the right side as possible. The ESC cannot lean against the wall of the battery compartment, because there are some thin wires (wires for switch, receiver plug, capacity etc..) coming out from the right side of the ESC.

I am currently using the stock B4 body, and this configuration is pushing the left side of the body upward a little, even without the fan. Does you stock body fits square?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the advice.

I have the ESC mounted in the same direction as you do. I have also moved it to as close toward the right side as possible. The ESC cannot lean against the wall of the battery compartment, because there are some thin wires (wires for switch, receiver plug, capacity etc..) coming out from the right side of the ESC.

I am currently using the stock B4 body, and this configuration is pushing the left side of the body upward a little, even without the fan. Does you stock body fits square?
I just checked and my stock body doesnt fit square, but my JConcepts body does fit square.

If you are running the carbon chassis, try applying some chassis protective sheet to the outside of the battery compartment so you can slam those wires against it. I think the wires will be ok.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
Typically at my track Losi pinks and the Panther Switch seem to be the tires of choice.

Hard to see, but pic:

Racing Action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dabKRzETusc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_30QRUo8F8

MOmo
That track looks familiar, oh ya I race there (sometimes)

Run the Gold Bar Codes, I ran them there last Friday when it was a bit dryer and they worked great, this was on my truck..
Old 03-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maybell
I just checked and my stock body doesnt fit square, but my JConcepts body does fit square.

If you are running the carbon chassis, try applying some chassis protective sheet to the outside of the battery compartment so you can slam those wires against it. I think the wires will be ok.
Thanks Sean, I will do that and get the 0001SL body.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Some freshly completed JConcepts Bodeez...

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Jim those look awsome as usual. Andy +1 on a high flow body for the RC8e.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Jim, the bodies look great as usual! I need to figure that scheme out and get some bodies over to you, haha.

Originally Posted by pq49z
Jim those look awsome as usual. Andy +1 on a high flow body for the RC8e.
Noted.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

When will the "orange" compond be avaliable to the public?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zach Phillips
When will the "orange" compond be avaliable to the public?
It might be a little while, that was our first race with it, haha. Perhaps 2-3 months...in the summer season (wild guess).
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wanted to say I think you guys are doing an awesome job, I just mounted 20+ pair of JConcepts tires on Rulux wheels and I've never had an easier time gluing tires. All of the beads fit in the wheels perfectly. In the past I've used some of the other brands and have always had problems getting them mounted and glued just right, but now gluing tires is not one of my most hated tasks I don't think I'll ever use another tire again! Thanks guys!

Jon
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jm_obrien
Just wanted to say I think you guys are doing an awesome job, I just mounted 20+ pair of JConcepts tires on Rulux wheels and I've never had an easier time gluing tires. All of the beads fit in the wheels perfectly. In the past I've used some of the other brands and have always had problems getting them mounted and glued just right, but now gluing tires is not one of my most hated tasks I don't think I'll ever use another tire again! Thanks guys!

Jon
+1 The losi tires are the worst! I would have to trim the bead, but with the rulux I don't. The fit perfect!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.