Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"REEDY RACE 2009"

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Hello everyone,

Well all the behind the scenes work is moving along well and we have been working on this announcement I spoke about the other day.

The RROC has always been set up with Stock, Mod and Invitational classes and the Invite class has always been the showcase of this event. Well as things in our industry change and involve, I thought this would be a good time to make an addition to the RROC.

In California there is a huge movement to bring a bit of realism back to the touring car racing world in the form of the RCGT racing division. As I have watched this form of racing grow in popularity, I thought this would be an exciting addition to the RROC.

So it is my pleasure to announce that in conjunction with HPI Racing we will be adding the RCGT Division to the 2009 RROC! The addition of this class will add some great flare and style to the already exciting format which is the RROC.

Participants in the RCGT Division will use HPI X Pattern D compound pre glued tires which will be included with your entry fee, plus they will receive an awesome body shell from HPI Racing.

The RCGT division is its own class and drivers are only allowed to enter 1 division at the RROC, this is not a division that you can run as a second class.

RCGT will also have a concourse judging that will have some great prizes for the winner. Racers running the RCGT Division are encouraged to go with the spirit of the class and use realistic detail and paint schemes for their designs.

Here are the rules we will be using for the RCGT Division:

-Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis.
-Any "realistic/scale" Touring Car/GT body, 190mm or 200mm (No "Race" bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6, Andy’s Accord, etc.)
-Bodies should represent models that are running or had been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc., and we also encourage the use of authentic racing paint schemes
-Kit Lexan wing (flat realistic wing if included) or Plastic realistic wing set(s) only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class), no high downforce aftermarket wings allowed
-17.5 Brushless Motors only
-6 cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.2/7.4v battery limit.

-Use of styling accessories encouraged, such as mufflers, intercoolers, mirrors, wipers, etc.

-No IFS Bodies Allowed
-No HPI Escudo Bodies

-Minimum weight requirement of 1400 grams

-No one-ways allowed. Cars must have 4-wheel braking at all times

-Must use the handout, pre-mounted D-Compound X-Pattern tires which are mounted on 0 offset split 6 wheels

-Racers will be allowed to purchase one additional set of tires

-Practice: Racers may use their own wheel/HPI X Patter tires. Practice wheels/tires do not need to be teched.

-No Tampering with the wheels

-Tire additives are allowed

Concours:

Note, any wheels 26mm spoked wheel. " DO DISHED WHEELS" and any X-Pattern tire will be allowed for use on your

We are very excited for the addition of this Division and know it will add a lot of excitement to the event.

Thanks
Scotty

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 03-20-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

I am trying to post the entry form but the file is to large. I am working on it and will have the entry posted as soon as I can.

thanks
Scotty
Old 03-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Concours:

Note, any wheels and any X-Pattern tire will be allowed for use on your
...?

just checking
Old 03-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stitchy
...?

just checking
yes Stitchy: For the Concourse event you can use any rims with HPI X Pattern tires.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

as I thought. Thanks!

Sounds like an awesome event!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Wow...that's great about RCGT. I think a lot more of us will be making the trek up there now!

My only issue is the almost impossibly-low minimum weight. Where did that come from? Please tell me it's a typo and should be 1450g...
Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Wow...that's great about RCGT. I think a lot more of us will be making the trek up there now!

My only issue is the almost impossibly-low minimum weight. Where did that come from? Please tell me it's a typo and should be 1450g...

Remove the lead weights from your lipo.....lol

I'm sure people will try to get the cars as light as possible as long as the left to right balance is not too off....
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Scotty,

The body they are giving to each entry is a complimentary body or are we require to run this body?Just making sure before I start a list of things I will need.Thanks!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Remove the lead weights from your lipo.....lol

I'm sure people will try to get the cars as light as possible as long as the left to right balance is not too off....
Most tub chassis cars that are L/R balanced won't be under 1450 or so, at least in my experience. A 1350g minimum basically mandates that you run a pro-level car in a class that was supposed to be about grass-roots racing.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What tub chassis car is balanced left to right if I may ask?I agree that people will take a weight penalty over not having a car that drives right because of bad balance.
Originally Posted by reenmachine
Most tub chassis cars that are L/R balanced won't be under 1450 or so, at least in my experience. A 1350g minimum basically mandates that you run a pro-level car in a class that was supposed to be about grass-roots racing.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racenut123
What tub chassis car is balanced left to right if I may ask?
All of mine.

I'm just wondering where this weight came from, that's all. It's not what we run in RCGT down here.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

I am sure it is a typo.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hello everyone,

Well all the behind the scenes work is moving along well and we have been working on this announcement I spoke about the other day.

The RROC has always been set up with Stock, Mod and Invitational classes and the Invite class has always been the showcase of this event. Well as things in our industry change and involve, I thought this would be a good time to make an addition to the RROC.

In California there is a huge movement to bring a bit of realism back to the touring car racing world in the form of the RCGT racing division. As I have watched this form of racing grow in popularity, I thought this would be an exciting addition to the RROC.

So it is my pleasure to announce that in conjunction with HPI Racing we will be adding the RCGT Division to the 2009 RROC! The addition of this class will add some great flare and style to the already exciting format which is the RROC.

Participants in the RCGT Division will use HPI X Pattern D compound pre glued tires which will be included with your entry fee, plus they will receive an awesome body shell from HPI Racing.

The RCGT division is its own class and drivers are only allowed to enter 1 division at the RROC, this is not a division that you can run as a second class.

RCGT will also have a concourse judging that will have some great prizes for the winner. Racers running the RCGT Division are encouraged to go with the spirit of the class and use realistic detail and paint schemes for their designs.

Here are the rules we will be using for the RCGT Division:

-Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis.
-Any "realistic/scale" Touring Car/GT body, 190mm or 200mm (No "Race" bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6, Andy’s Accord, etc.)
-Bodies should represent models that are running or had been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc., and we also encourage the use of authentic racing paint schemes
-Kit Lexan wing (flat realistic wing if included) or Plastic realistic wing set(s) only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class), no high downforce aftermarket wings allowed
-17.5 Brushless Motors only
-6 cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.2/7.4v battery limit.

-Use of styling accessories encouraged, such as mufflers, intercoolers, mirrors, wipers, etc.

-No IFS Bodies Allowed

-Minimum weight requirement of 1350 grams

-No one-ways allowed. Cars must have 4-wheel braking at all times

-Must use the handout, pre-mounted D-Compound X-Pattern tires

-Racers will be allowed to purchase one additional set of tires

-Practice: Racers may use their own wheel/HPI X Patter tires. Practice wheels/tires do not need to be teched.

-No Tampering with the wheels

-Tire additives are allowed

Concours:

Note, any wheels 26mm spoked wheel. " DO DISHED WHEELS" and any X-Pattern tire will be allowed for use on your

We are very excited for the addition of this Division and know it will add a lot of excitement to the event.

Thanks
Scotty
What a great addition to RROC

Steve Wang
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

Default RCGT makes it big...

Scotty, HPI, AE and whoever else is responsible... thanks for adding this class to Reedy!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

RE: RCGT Weight rule

Basically we're eliminating the weight penalty in the RCGT class. After seeing the mad dash for lead weights at every RCGT event, we're eliminating it and the 1400g weight minimum is there so people won't show up with "1/2 cars" or "swiss cheese" cars. Sticking with the "easy to get into" rule of the fun class this also reflects the current trend of entry level racers going straight into LiPo packs on they're first car. Everyone is of course free to balance they're cars accordingly and ultimately a well setup car with a good driver will win out every time over and underweight car. I/we have personal experience on this matter as we been in both situations (ie. underweight cars beaten by legal weight cars and vice versa). At the end of the day it doesn't make sense to have to counterbalance the advances in chassis/RC car technology by servo taping tons of lead weights on to the chassis at each event.

Thanks,

AH

Last edited by andyh; 03-20-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add 50 grams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.