Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
LRP vs. Novak vs. Tekin Brushless Speedos?!?!?!?! >

LRP vs. Novak vs. Tekin Brushless Speedos?!?!?!?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP vs. Novak vs. Tekin Brushless Speedos?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC nut
I have an adult stupid question ... Can you mate any sensored brushless to the RS Pro? I'm bashing with a Novak Havok 8.5 / 2s Lipo 8000, 14/87 gear and after 20 minuets of hill shooting and jumping a cuple 5 foot mounds of sand runing sand paws the ESC . I wouldn't think with that gearing it should have done that... or am I asking to much from the ESC with that combonation and just need to add a fan?
It sounds like you are way under geared. I have a RSPro with a Redline 13.5 and I'm geared at 26/81 on my T4. What truck are you running?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
It sounds like you are way under geared. I have a RSPro with a Redline 13.5 and I'm geared at 26/81 on my T4. What truck are you running?
T4... I read somewhere here on the forum that Novak recommended twice the wind for a pinion. So going by that formula I need to go up for sure a few teeth. I figured sense I was running the Sand paws and bashing in sand that the 14/87 would be a good combination considering tire hight and load. sorry didn't mean to jack the thread...
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
yodace: do you have a cap on the esc?

RC nut: is the gearmesh set right? any binding in the trans? also, try gearing up by a cupple teeth, the esc gets hot from runing at WOT all the time.

yes the stock one
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC nut
T4... I read somewhere here on the forum that Novak recommended twice the wind for a pinion. So going by that formula I need to go up for sure a few teeth. I figured sense I was running the Sand paws and bashing in sand that the 14/87 would be a good combination considering tire hight and load. sorry didn't mean to jack the thread...
I would still start to gear up. Check your motor and esc temps about every 3 minutes of hard running till you get it close.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
I would still start to gear up. Check your motor and esc temps about every 3 minutes of hard running till you get it close.
I'm going to step to a 16 as soon as I get my parts and give it another go.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Novak GTBs finished 1st and 2nd in a 45 minute 1/10th scale truck race at the RC Pro Series Nats in Texas back during November...the only 2 Novak powered trucks in the race and 1 did not even use the fan on the ESC.

A true test for reliablity and speed on an 1/8th scale size track with huge jumps and bumps.

Novak is hard to beat for reliablity and the customer service is the best in the industry!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Novak - GTB with Lipo cutoff. Works fine never had an issue with it. However, I do not feel the programming changes and I've owned over 4 GTBs before I switched mostly to LRP due to size since the GTB has a large footprint. I have crossed the +, - wires with the power off on the speedo and I didn't fry it. I would have to agree the Novak Customer Service is great and they are very helpful.

LRP - Programming changes are noticeable and is fairly easy to program once you do it a few times. I use the TC Spec the most. Do not cross the wires or you'll fry this speedo even with the power switch in the off position . Customer service is ok, a little slow to respond to e-mails but the do get back to you.

Tekin - RS Pro, based on the reviews on here, I want to try it out.

KO/Orion - I also want to also try the KO Brushless speedo that also has a small size and similar-styled soldering posts like the Tekin. It also has a PC interface for more in-depth tuning.

Does anyone use the KO or Orion brushless ESC?