Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank you for taking the time to give a us a small part of whats happening there, great to see you guy's doing well and I look forward to seeing good things from all of you.

Sean
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
17's are impossible at the moment...lol... Most of the time that's when the drivers cut through the gap in the curbing at the end of the straight to cut into the pits for fuel or an engine adjustment.

Jilles and Tosso were very quick in the last round. Ralphy was really good in the heat of the day but pulled out that engine and saved it for racing. He's now working on the set-up of another engine so he's got 2 sorted but I think if he ran the sorted engine he would have been right there with Jilles and Tosso. Dario ran his old G4 on day 1 and worked on his new G4 today sorting out a new set-up so he wasn't quite as quick as he was but they are making set-up changes for tommorow. Ielasi arrived today and quickly was running well being the Warm-Up Champion. Lemieux got his car better today switching a little closer to Ralphy's set-up but still needs a few tenths to get up the pace. Barry is starting to come to grips a lot better with his G4 as in the final round we were able to dice a little and have some fun towards the end of the session.

Overall, it's really tough to tell where you are at. Everyone is testing so much that sometimes guys that were great one run aren't really on pace the next run. Probably the most consistant so far has been Jilles.

For myself, today was misserable as my set-up wasn't that great and there were other issues that kept me busy trying to sort. I've got a few ideas for tommorow thought so I'm going to throw a lot at it to see if I can't make some substantial gains.

RedRC will be here soon then they can give you guys a lot more scoop and info. It's hard to race, pit both Ralphy and Paul and keep track of the happenings around the track and pits.

I will say though that I impressed Ielasi and some of the O.S./Futaba staff with my foot speed as I sprinted across the track to marshall Paul being upside down in the middle of the back straight!! That was pretty much all I was fast at today thought...lol...

Time for sleep... Time zone finally catchin up with me....

Night all.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

17's are impossible at the moment...lol... Most of the time that's when the drivers cut through the gap in the curbing at the end of the straight to cut into the pits for fuel or an engine adjustment.

Jilles and Tosso were very quick in the last round. Ralphy was really good in the heat of the day but pulled out that engine and saved it for racing. He's now working on the set-up of another engine so he's got 2 sorted but I think if he ran the sorted engine he would have been right there with Jilles and Tosso. Dario ran his old G4 on day 1 and worked on his new G4 today sorting out a new set-up so he wasn't quite as quick as he was but they are making set-up changes for tommorow. Ielasi arrived today and quickly was running well being the Warm-Up Champion. Lemieux got his car better today switching a little closer to Ralphy's set-up but still needs a few tenths to get up the pace. Barry is starting to come to grips a lot better with his G4 as in the final round we were able to dice a little and have some fun towards the end of the session.

Overall, it's really tough to tell where you are at. Everyone is testing so much that sometimes guys that were great one run aren't really on pace the next run. Probably the most consistant so far has been Jilles.

For myself, today was misserable as my set-up wasn't that great and there were other issues that kept me busy trying to sort. I've got a few ideas for tommorow thought so I'm going to throw a lot at it to see if I can't make some substantial gains.

RedRC will be here soon then they can give you guys a lot more scoop and info. It's hard to race, pit both Ralphy and Paul and keep track of the happenings around the track and pits.

I will say though that I impressed Ielasi and some of the O.S./Futaba staff with my foot speed as I sprinted across the track to marshall Paul being upside down in the middle of the back straight!! That was pretty much all I was fast at today thought...lol...

Night all.
Thanks for the updates Josh.
Good luck to the entire US team.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Hey Josh? Whoops, sorry! While you are over there do you think you can find the lovely blond in the World's website intro video? She's got wicked fast pitstops and could possibly replace Cooper. Sorry Coop.
That is Kelly Dulac the WIFE of Brazilian driver Eduardo Dulac.

Cheers Al
Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Roniel_R
there is alot of drivers hitting 17s but those are laps where they cut the track
your right whats up big guy
Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Night all.
Thanks for the update Josh. Now focus on the car already!!!!! Good luck!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2008 world's

Good luck to all the U.S. Drivers...timing couldn't be any better. First the Olympics and now th IFMAR World's
Go get um Team USA.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Night all.
Wow! That is impressive that you took the time to report. Now take care of yourself and have fun. Thanks Josh and Good Luck.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Josh...pull your finger out and get on the job....( thanks for the reports )

Stay off the Red Bull + Vodka until just before the semi finals! ( .5 sec a lap faster mate )

P.S. are you and Barry using the new Jaco prism tyres?......see if you can get Barry to keep us up to date with what he's doing with the TM car....

Give all the Aussies a "sac tap" for me ( ask Jesse - he'll explain )

Luis

GOOD LUCK MAN !
Old 08-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Ralph & paul looking good
Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any one see mike swaugers name on the practice heats?
Old 08-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

have not seen Swag yet
Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Group 10 practice 11 so far toso has been the most consistent in practice cyrul,baker,jilles looking real good & getting faster very close to hitting 18 sec laps
Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

What is Blackstock running ???
Josh is looking real good so far.

Sole South African Christiaan Fourie - Good luck bud and soak it all up
Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrice
any one see mike swaugers name on the practice heats?
This is quoted from the Mugen message board from a post from Mike. "Thank you for the support! But some things came up and there is no way I can get out of it so it looks like I will not be making the World's trip this year! Good luck to the whole Mugen Team!"
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is there any website with live scoring? Or somewhere where they post the results of practices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.