Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homestead r/c Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doug M
Joe, we would like for you to join us at Homestead RC Raceway.

We are having our free test and tune, today and Saturday, for the racers getting ready for the Winternats or for anyone who wants to check out the facility. The Raceway will be closed this Sunday the 10th and next Saturday the 16th. The Raceway will be open for practice on Sunday the 17th.

You can go to www.homesteadrcraceway.com and click on TRACK CALENDAR for the Raceway's February and March schedule. Hope to see you soon!
thanks doug!!! i just ordered my car and have my staff (abraham :-)) ready to build it when it comes in. anyhow, hopefully i will be able to come out on the 17th to practice, if the car is ready to go. gotta push the staff a little bit on this one.
joe chaplow
Old 02-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

HELP!! im going to be doing my Xray NT1 build back home in Miami, can anyone recommend a hobby shop in the area? im in Cutler Ridge, but anywhere close is fine...i need a shop that has everything i need to complete my build as far as threadlock, RX/Tx battery packs, Hudy tools, foams, starter box, fuel, etc....let me know wassup...
Old 02-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badKarma
HELP!! im going to be doing my Xray NT1 build back home in Miami, can anyone recommend a hobby shop in the area? im in Cutler Ridge, but anywhere close is fine...i need a shop that has everything i need to complete my build as far as threadlock, RX/Tx battery packs, Hudy tools, foams, starter box, fuel, etc....let me know wassup...
Give Crown Hobbies a try. They are just a block or so east of the Palmeto Exwy(826) on Coral Way (SW 24ST). The actual street address is 7439 SW 24 Street. Sorry, I don't have the phone number. Good luck!

If you have a chance try to get over to Ft. Myers this Saturday. The Winternats finals will be raced on that day. You will see many of the worlds' best racers competing. In fact, many of the Homestead RC Raceway racers are there this week and a lot of the 301 Raceway drivers are racing at this event as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug M
Give Crown Hobbies a try. They are just a block or so east of the Palmeto Exwy(826) on Coral Way (SW 24ST). The actual street address is 7439 SW 24 Street. Sorry, I don't have the phone number. Good luck!

If you have a chance try to get over to Ft. Myers this Saturday. The Winternats finals will be raced on that day. You will see many of the worlds' best racers competing. In fact, many of the Homestead RC Raceway racers are there this week and a lot of the 301 Raceway drivers are racing at this event as well.
Crown Hobbies number is: (305) 264-3964
Old 02-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Track

I was at the track today and let me tell you it was fun. Doug and Johnny did a great job fixing it up. It was my first time out in a few years (outside one race last year) and I did not break a part. The track was very car friendly. It was nice seeing old friends and we all had a good time. Anyone who lives close by should make it out there.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
I was at the track today and let me tell you it was fun. Doug and Johnny did a great job fixing it up. It was my first time out in a few years (outside one race last year) and I did not break a part. The track was very car friendly. It was nice seeing old friends and we all had a good time. Anyone who lives close by should make it out there.
We are glad you had a good time at the new look Homestead RC Raceway! You were getting faster and faster as the day went. Not too bad for a new car and a long layoff from racing. Welcome back Joe!

Saturday's practice was fun to watch. There was a lot of cat and mouse competition going on. Sometimes, several cars would hook up and run nose to tail and side by side for several laps. This is great practice and was so much fun for the drivers. The big smiles on their faces when they came off the drivers stand is proof they were having a good time.

It was almost like a summer day at 85 degrees. Thankfully, there was a nice breeze and if you were in the shade it was quite nice. if you were in the sun it was hot and I have the sunburn to prove it! It was good to see the traction build up as more and more laps were turned. Tire wear was very tolerable all day long. Joe said earlier that the track is car friendly, I agree, I saw very few broken parts.

The crew at Homestead RC Raceway thanks everyone for coming out. We hope to see everyone again next Saturday for practice and again on Sunday for our March 2nd Club Race.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

I will try to be there for the race day.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Great Job

I want to congratulate the guys at Homestead R/C Raceway for the effort they have put into the track. The track is awesome, looks great and very fun to drive. The turnout for the races has been great and the level of competition is "off the hook". Keep it up guys.

Eduardo Cabal
Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ejcabal
I want to congratulate the guys at Homestead R/C Raceway for the effort they have put into the track. The track is awesome, looks great and very fun to drive. The turnout for the races has been great and the level of competition is "off the hook". Keep it up guys.

Eduardo Cabal
What's happening Eduardo? did not hear from you for your inquiry the last time, I'm not sure if you received my e-mail. let me know.

Sam
Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Eduardo i would have to agree with you on that . The race was fun the competition was good also . Robert did an excellent job bumping up from the b and placing 2nd in the A. i must say i had a blast.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

The track was good. Not that much tire wear and traction was there. I was able to run from 37 to 42 rears and 37 to 40 fronts and the car handled good all the time. Hope to see more people come out and help grow the turnouts they have at the track. There must have been about 20 people and I hope it grows more. The layout is fun.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had a really good time this past Sunday. Track is great, good traction and low tire wear. Layout is fun, fast and forgiving. Thank's to the people that are working really hard to make this possible.
I really encourage everybody from our region to come down and support the track. You will be pleased with the facilty, the atmosphere and level of racing.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Race Report from Homestead RC Raceway

March 2nd Race Report

The March 2nd Race was awesome, with a very good turnout of talented racers at Homestead RC Raceway. Mike Myers from Starting Grid Magazine <www.sgrid.com> was present taking a lot of pictures, conducting interviews and getting a general feel for the new look Homestead RC Raceway. I am sure we will be seeing lots of pictures and other neat things from him very soon.

The track was fast today as the track got better and better as the day progressed. A slight modification exiting the high speed esses and entering the straight to make the track a little more car friendly would be tried for the first time under race conditions. The consensus was that this slight change worked very well with even less broken parts.

Round 1 qualifying saw Art Carbonell taking the provisional pole position with a 21/5:04.06, DJ Apolaro was 2nd with a time of 21/5:07.78 and Ray Schneider was sitting in 3rd with a time of 21/5:11.52.

Round 2 shook things up a little when DJ Apolaro turned the first 22 lap qualifying run to take provisional pole. His time was 22/5:11.31 with one very slow lap of 16.6. Art dropped to 2nd, Ray dropped to 3rd, with Jason Bell in 4th.

Round 3 was the final round of qualifying. Paolo Morganti saved the best for last with a blistering run. Paolo took pole position with a fabulous run in 22/5:06.39. DJ Apolaro could not better his time and dropped to 2nd. Eduardo Cabal improved his position to 3rd and just missed turning 22 laps with a time of 21/5:00.64. Art Carbonell dropped to 4th with a 21/5:01.93 and Jason Bell ended up 5th with a 21/5:06.76.

The B Main was the Robert Maestrey show. Robert had problems in qualifying and in the Main he showed everyone how fast he really is. Robert led from start to finish and never was challenged by any of the other racers. Tino Hall kept him honest by staying within a lap or 2 for most of the 30 minutes until the very end when he went 3 laps down to finish 2nd. Henry Carrera had a very good race with a solid 3rd place finish. Yordani Medina came home in 4th Place. Robert bumped up to the A Main so Tino Hall will be listed as the winner of the B Main.

The A Main was a great race to watch with plenty of drama, lead changes and some very close racing. The start was flawless as these A Main drivers showed there great skills. Very soon it was apparent that Paolo Morganti and DJ Apolaro were checking out from everyone else while Art Carbonell and Eduardo Cabal were leavingt the rest of the pack as they diced for 3rd and 4th.

At the first fuel stop Paolo flamed out and had to be restarted which dropped him down 2 laps from the leader DJ Apolaro. This moved the bump up driver Robert Maestrey to 2nd and Art Carbonell to 3rd.

DJ was flying and maintained his lead after the 2nd round of stops, Robert Maestrey maintaned 2nd position one lap down from the leader. Paolo Morganti was charging and moved into 3rd position.

After the 3rd round of fuel stops DJ continued to lead. Paolo moved up to 2nd and Robert fell back to 3rd. The pace was blistering as all 3 drivers were consistently turning super fast mid 13 second laps.

Then disaster struck for DJ with about 12 minutes to go. In a heart beat he tangled while passing a car coming on to the straight and the car was broke. He was dominating this race and now his car was on the tow hook and his race day was over. Paolo Morganti took over the lead followed by Robert Maestrey in 2nd and Art Crbonell advanced to 3rd.

The rest of the race was good clean racing with a bit of drama as Paolo needed to stretch his lead to insure he could make that one extra pit stop that Robert would not have to make. Paolo was successful and went on for the win with 127 laps. Robert Maestrey finished 2nd with 126 laps and Art Carbonell finished 3rd with 125 laps.

Homestead RC Raceway would like to thank all of the racers, pit people and family members who came out and made this a great day of racing. All of you are winners.

Photo 1: TQ and A Main winner Paolo Morganti
Photo 2: B Main winner Tino Hall
Attached Thumbnails Homestead r/c Raceway-paolo-morganti.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-tino-hall.jpg  
Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Homestead

First off I MUST say I completely agree with Paolo. The track, the facilities and the crew are excellent. Special thanks to Robert M. who made my weekend not only possible but fun, the clutch work was off the chain, again thank you. DJ you know those Novarossis, thanks again for helping me with tuning the motor and for the "pep" talk in the pits helping me to hold it together. Doug......you are possibly the best race anouncer I know, making thing really interesting and keeping everyone informed.

Again thanks Homestead for a GREAT weekend.
Till next time.........
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Race report and articles both on this race and on the track in general are now posted at SGrid Online, www.sgrid.com. Here are a few photos from Sunday...

The racers.

Oops...

Track Action

Robert

Paolo and DJ

Paolo and son, Diego

Johnny Wong's BBQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.