Old 02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Hahahaa...

Longest "I suck" post evar!
Hhahahhahahahhaa......
I needed this laugh today...
thank you everyone...

Just have fun....it's the main thing...don't worry about hop-ups and un-official parts.

Last edited by olhipster1; 02-06-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
i go to a big race to have a good time
Win or lose, that just about sums up our hobby, good call
Old 02-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

WOW sorry you got your ass kicked
Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by notateamracer
I see all these guys spending big $ to go to the big races. Pic one I dont care which adn then they get there hopes up only to be beat up on time and time again.
Wow, that's a great attitude. I'll be sure to hire you as a motivational speaker for my kids. How can I contact you? Do you live IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER ???

That's like saying, I know I'm going to die someday. Something somewhere, sometime, will take my life. I might as well jump off the cliff and admit defeat to the Grim Reaper....

Come on now, you have to go out there for one primary reason, to have fun and enjoy the company of your fellow racers... If your primary reason for going out there is to win, then make sure you can dominate at the local level first. Additionally, many of the top racers are employed by the RC Industry in some form or another, usually more than just a sponsored racer...

Now get your head out of your ass, please.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

90% driver 5% setup 5% car. I started the beginning of this on-road carpet season in October with a RC12L3, set it up properly and drove it. I could still compete with people running CRC cars, IRS cars, etc. Plus I was using year old 4200's that were in decent condition. Your problem is is that you bought a car (most likely RTR ) thought it was not good enough, and went out bought the most expensive car you could find, the most expensive motor and esc combo, and the most expensive battery you could find. You most likely spent $1000+. Your problem was that you didnt learn to drive before you upgraded.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Keep getting better...

The top class in any type of racing uses the best technology available at the time. Factory drivers use equipment developed by their team to win and sell more "Stuff" on Monday. Hopefully that newly developed equipment makes it's way down to the rest of us (remember Regan's Trickle Down Theory of the 80's).

I do believe there should be support classes at the big races that privateers could race in and have a chance of winning. I have to say a lot of guys feel the stock class would be good for this. Example: If you placed in top three of any class in any big race, you can not race in this support race. It doesn't have to be the stock class, it could be a brushless/Lipo class (like Outlaw).

I know it would motivate me more to attend if I could not only race along side the big guys, but also have a class I could race against other guys like myself.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

90% driver 5% setup 5% car. I started the beginning of this on-road carpet season in October with a RC12L3, set it up properly and drove it. I could still compete with people running CRC cars, IRS cars, etc. Plus I was using year old 4200's that were in decent condition. Your problem is is that you bought a car (most likely RTR ) thought it was not good enough, and went out bought the most expensive car you could find, the most expensive motor and esc combo, and the most expensive battery you could find. You most likely spent $1000+. Your problem was that you didnt learn to drive before you upgraded.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Keep getting better...

The top class in any type of racing uses the best technology available at the time. Factory drivers use equipment developed by their team to win and sell more "Stuff" on Monday. Hopefully that newly developed equipment makes it's way down to the rest of us (remember Regan's Trickle Down Theory of the 80's).

I do believe there should be support classes at the big races that privateers could race in and have a chance of winning. I have to say a lot of guys feel the stock class would be good for this. Example: If you placed in top three of any class in any big race, you can not race in this support race. It doesn't have to be the stock class, it could be a brushless/Lipo class (like Outlaw).

I know it would motivate me more to attend if I could not only race along side the big guys, but also have a class I could race against other guys like myself.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

double post - lag

Last edited by kn7671; 02-06-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: double post - lag
Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

double post - lag

Last edited by kn7671; 02-06-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: double post - lag
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

cry baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you have taken this hobbie to win then ur well of my son it takes years, talent and money to win and tell me a hobby where this is not true

i have been racing for clse to 5 years and it onli in the last 6 months that im startin to get "B" ish finals at a club leval
Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Worst thread ever
Old 02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sinisterRC
I'll go ahead and assume that you lost a big race recently??

The Birds!!!!! I'd say that is a recent race
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Im sponsored and dont win most of my races, I race to my ability and thats all I can do.

Remember if your car is well balanced and has a stable setup that you can drive a defensive line around the infield you stand just as much chance winning providing you still have a reasonable amount of power and skill for the staights- outright power wont win you a race neither will an ill handling car or no consistancy.

My cells are well over a year old, but I still took TQ and the win with them at a local winter championship round. Having a team driver status doesnt automatically give you a win, you got to go out there and earn it too and report on how well you've done, as well as help out on product support and be an approachable person, not to mention race as often as you can.

Learn and earn...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:35 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what the marketing companies dont tell u when ur ploppin down all that bread for the magical cure to all ur winning problems....is that winning isnt all its cracked up to be. especially if u shun bench racing, hangin w/friends and havin a good time in favor of beatin every1 and b'g uber cool in ur own mind.

honestly man, i won recently for the 1st time in a while (especially since i've been racing most every wkend in '07 til now)....and it was then i realized something....

....well not then, but 5min into the 1hr drive home....

....i didnt feel any different than when i come home from runnin 5th w/a sick motor, or 3rd behind the 2 pro's.

just have fun dammit.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.