R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default You will NEVER win a big race so just accept it

I see all these guys spending big $ to go to the big races. Pic one I dont care which adn then they get there hopes up only to be beat up on time and time again.

You will never have a chance against these team guys that have parts and gear you dont have. No big race should allow any part or tire or anything battery whatever that is not available to the general public. dont give me that crap that they do testing there. test another time not at a race i spend $500 to go and have a eequal shot at winning. I am so sick and tired of it it makes me sick.

things need to change the average joe racer will never win if they keep allowing this crap to happen. why even show up. i can lose at home for free! No more products raced that are not available to EVERYONE no exceptions. lets give the average guy a chance for onnce
Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Team drivers are Team drivers for a reason, there better than us average drivers, regardless of what equipment they use. Just accept it and enjoy your racing.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryh View Post
Team drivers are Team drivers for a reason, there better than us average drivers, regardless of what equipment they use. Just accept it and enjoy your racing.
save the crap for someone else. just keep telling yourself that. i have seen plenty of guys that can wheel and i dont want to hear about set up either. there are way to many great drivers out there that DO NOT have access to special parts and batteries. i never said team drivers were not good but what makes them winners is there gear. all things equal the ones with the better stuff you or i cant buy will win. stop stacking the odds in there favor and make it fair!

Wake up drivers enough is enough.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You're not bitter. Honestly though, what do you expect when you go to a big race? You expect to be able to just waltz in there and win, even though those sponsored guys have proven themselves? Btw, that is why they get all the cool stuff, cause they won without it first.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notateamracer View Post
I see all these guys spending big $ to go to the big races. Pic one I dont care which adn then they get there hopes up only to be beat up on time and time again.

You will never have a chance against these team guys that have parts and gear you dont have. No big race should allow any part or tire or anything battery whatever that is not available to the general public. dont give me that crap that they do testing there. test another time not at a race i spend $500 to go and have a eequal shot at winning. I am so sick and tired of it it makes me sick.

things need to change the average joe racer will never win if they keep allowing this crap to happen. why even show up. i can lose at home for free! No more products raced that are not available to EVERYONE no exceptions. lets give the average guy a chance for onnce
So it is apparent from this post that you are a bitter, substandard driver who would not win regardless of the equipment.

Do you really think the pros are fast because they have things you don't? That is ridiculous, these guys would be fast driving anything.

Get a life.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'll go ahead and assume that you lost a big race recently??

The way I see it is that BIG races are for manufactures and team drivers. Ofcourse they are going to have the upper hand most of the pros get paid to race. I have seen some privateers win races but that is a rarity.

If you want to always have a fair shot and a legitimate chance of winning stick with club racing.
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Tech Master

I don't understand your post bud. If it was n't for the 'team' drivers using all the new stuff, you would n't have anything new to race yourself, would you? You don't think that the big companies just turn out new kits, or parts, or whatever and hope that it just might work for the average joe racer do you? At the end of the day, I like to wander over to the 'top' guys and see what they are using, as that's probably what I'll be using in the near future myself!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
save the crap for someone else. just keep telling yourself that. i have seen plenty of guys that can wheel and i dont want to hear about set up either. there are way to many great drivers out there that DO NOT have access to special parts and batteries. i never said team drivers were not good but what makes them winners is there gear. all things equal the ones with the better stuff you or i cant buy will win. stop stacking the odds in there favor and make it fair!

Obviously someone who remains anonymous and has not been posting with his tech name. Sorry that you are so bitter about this great hobby. too bad for you.:cry :
Old 02-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Please....

Don't feed the trolls
Old 02-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:

i'll take it that you didn't get in the A-main or win??
Old 02-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

dude seriously shut up and get over it, your right you will never win with that attitude
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
Don't feed the trolls
Agreed.....lets all let the thread die! No need to give him any more attention.... Not worth it
Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only time a factory driver has something the public doesn't have yet is when there is a new car being released.
You would be surprised how plain some of the factory drivers rigs are. They just put in the time and they have skills to adapt faster on travel races.

How many times have you traveled and everytime you improve your time to match the factory drivers previous times from the last round you realized they just went even faster. Thier advantage IMO is that that adapt faster every round......
Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

So, give this a shot, I did. Quite revealing, too. Find one of these team drivers during practice,ask them to drive your car at full tilt with the timing and scoring system set to practice. Note what their best time was, also note what their consistancy is. When you can best that, consider that it may be time for some of the 'unobtanium gear that they have. If you think for a minute that all the team guys are fast just because of the prototype parts that they are testing while racing, also consider this; some of the stuff they are racing with design-wise also turn up duds perfomance-wise. They showed up at a big event and have to stick a heap in the show. A lot of times they do. Life is not always roses that others perceive it to be.

Maybe it's time to seek out some of the team drivers that whipped your pansy ass and get some help. Part of being a team driver is PR and customer support. I have met many of the sponsored drivers, and most of them were willing to talk. You'd be surprised.
ROAR #105242
Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestyV32 View Post
dude seriously shut up and get over it, your right you will never win with that attitude
found a picture of him in the when he came of the drivers stand

Closed Thread