Wiki Posts
Search

On Road RC Racer...mini magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

That would be great it's about time to have a magazine that focus strickly on road racing.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the input so far...it has been encouraging and backed up my theory of a niche publication for this segment of the hobby.
I am glad the digital magazine viewer came up as I think that is a good option.
It is kind of funny the effect that magazine coverage or lack of coverage can have on segments of an industry/hobby.
Is there anyone interested in supplying some editorial? I will need to gather up a few guys that can help with the content...tech, event coverage, product reviews, etc.

Thanks
Mark Lutes
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by genesisG4
Thanks for the input so far...it has been encouraging and backed up my theory of a niche publication for this segment of the hobby.
It is kind of funny the effect that magazine coverage or lack of coverage can have on segments of an industry/hobby.
Is there anyone interested in supplying some editorial? I will need to gather up a few guys that can help with the content...tech, event coverage, product reviews, etc.

Thanks
Mark Lutes
I would interesting in helping PM me and send more info
Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JetMD
I actually cancelled a long time subscription to a VERY popular r/c magazine because they had "car" in their title but were only doing articles on off-road trucks, truggies, buggies, muggies, whatever. .
................they should change the name to Radio Control Monster Truck/Basher Action..............I myself haven't bought their mag (rag) in years...........I don't need to read "how-to's" on how to change a glowplug over and over and over.......we need a mag with in-depth how to..maybe even get manufacturers to write tech articles..........
Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taylorm
................they should change the name to Radio Control Monster Truck/Basher Action..............I myself haven't bought their mag (rag) in years...........I don't need to read "how-to's" on how to change a glowplug over and over and over.......we need a mag with in-depth how to..maybe even get manufacturers to write tech articles..........

There is a bit of a line to walk with using manufacturer supplied tech but I think done "politically correct" it should not be a problem and I like that idea
Old 12-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by genesisG4

Thanks
Mark Lutes
Hey Mark,
I participate pretty regularly in the local 1/8 racing series. I'd be willing to contribute anything I could dig up on the Japan side of onroad RC. Just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Good luck.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by R&TRacer
Hey Mark,
I participate pretty regularly in the local 1/8 racing series. I'd be willing to contribute anything I could dig up on the Japan side of onroad RC. Just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Good luck.

That would be great...I will keep in touch.

Mark
Old 12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

I would welcome anyone doing this for on-road, particularly if its nitro on-road. I used to sunscribe to so many mags (US, UK and Australian based one) and now I not a subscriber to any for same reasons others mentioned earlier.

I then started spending a lot of time online looking for on-road focussed websites and find that there aren't many. The few that were around in the past have all gone. I started my own website for fun and now only post snippets of news, videos and reviews whenever I can.

Someone also made a good point about getting fed-up with seeing the same tips over and over again. I used to love Xtreme RC mag for this but soon find that was also the case with them. The beauty of printed mag is the portability but they did it best with fantastic graphics and superb quality pictures, not to mention the spice of having them gorgeous ladies. I'd still pickup a copy when I'm travelling to the states but other than that I'd prefer just to surf ... because the best part of online stuff is that its INSTANT news direct from the sources/manufacturers.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have there been any new developments here?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would be interested.It would be nice to have articles on tracks as well as setups for them.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

The site is up and running......

www.rccompetitionmag.com

Mark has done a good job getting it going with lots of good information. I will blog on the site next month at the ROAR 1/8 Nationals.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Great.I see we had the same idea.And the featured track is just the one I was thinking of.Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Scott Kimbrow
The site is up and running......

www.rccompetitionmag.com

Mark has done a good job getting it going with lots of good information. I will blog on the site next month at the ROAR 1/8 Nationals.

Just registered, awsome site and I would like to be on a mailing list if there is a hard copy printed.

Great Job
Sean
Old 08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also joined the site today and I was pleased to find some quality articles in there.

Let us know how we can assist you in supporting your efforts.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

I also like the pro driving tips.Yeah I am that rookie driver that over drives the car and over shoots the turns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.