CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

How many days till the world comes to Cleveland?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by seaball
what you speak of was in 19t and it happened to alot of racers. the orion 19t motors are typically factory balanced by grinding the stack. something that would be tough for a racer to do and still maintain the handout look. they didn't even mark the 19t arms (i assume it was because of the uniqueness of the balancing). well, some of them were actually ground and drilled. the race management team was not aware of this, so when they found the first few that were like this, they called it cheating. after the weekend progressed, they realized that their lack of research on the 19t motors was incorrectly labeling these racers as cheaters. i believe all those runs were counted for those who were part of this debacle.

not cool from a racing standpoint, and even worse for those who woudn't even think of cheating.

it's just another example on the ever growing list ...
Originally Posted by racer123
My buddy from RC Madness told me that the tech inspection was pretty weak, but that they did tear down a few of the stock and 19 turn motors. He said there were a few that got busted trying to cheat The one that opened my eyes was the roar tech director David Lee, or something like that. Anybody know what these folks were doing to cheat ? cranking arm, different arm, something else ?
Rumor was that the ROAR Official's motor in question was in Masters, not 19t. This would have been in a class that had all arms pre-marked with paint. Apparently this one had extra holes
Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fuelgun
Rumor was that the ROAR Official's motor in question was in Masters, not 19t. This would have been in a class that had all arms pre-marked with paint. Apparently this one had extra holes
Mr. Bill could drop in and shed some additional light on this, but I don't know that it's necessary. But there was no problem with the racers. They found a 19turn with some drill balance marks, and before tossing the person, they checked what Mr Bill told me was the remaining un-sold 19 turn motors for anything similar. There were, I believe, 71 motors left, they checked them all. nothing on the first 70, and whadda ya know, there were some drill marks on the 71st. So, it was random, and how a few of them were delivered. I talked to Dieter, and he said he saw a few of them come through with drill balance marks on them. The factory will occasionally clean up an arm here and there and send them out. That's what they did. Nothing shady on any of the racers parts.

Same with David Lee's motor. It got extra scrutiny one time, they pulled it after a run, couldn't prove anything, and BAMMO, that starts the rumor mill. They tore down the motor of anybody that TQ'd or reset the TQ, and some random ones as I understand it. You could tell who the fast guys were on the elevator. It was the guy going back to his room with his motor dis-assembled in a cup...

That is what I got from MR. Bill.

I watched the story with Dave's motor very closely, as his being in the show kept me out of the "A" as I was the 11th qualifier, and stood to gain or lose the most depending on what was decided. I'm very comfortable with the fact that Dave was on the "up and up", and everything was fine. Dave is an excellent driver, drove the wheels off his car and deserved to be in the show, and did so with integrity. Bottom line. I'm glad the tech crew treated everybody equally and took the time to examine everybody's motor, including Dave's.

What is important is that there steps in place to look for cheating, fast motors and tech people to do it. I felt the racing was very fair, and Mr. Bill and his crew did a great job of making me feel I was being treated the same as everybody else. And that's all any of us wants. A fair shot at it.

If Dave was cheating (and he wasn't), he did a lousy job of it, I turned a faster lap in the mains, and we were both about a 1/2 second shy of the really fast guys. Those guys, now THEY were cheating...

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-02-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well Mr.stormer knows all but we all know that. And I have to see that hat your working on. But next time maybe you won't end up with a 4 hour lay over.

As far as the motors are concerned Bob nailed it on the head.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill941
And I have to see that hat your working on. But next time maybe you won't end up with a 4 hour lay over.
Yea, about that hat... Turns out, after reading to the end of the book, that they don't recommend rookies make the hat. I have in fact, knocked out a pretty miserable looking knitted pot holder. Turns out I was doing my own version of "profiling" in the airport. I'd walk up to random "white haired, elderly women" and ask them if they knew how to knit? Turns out, only about 1 in 4 actually does... Who'd have thought?

I suspect if it were laying around in some 2nd grade art class, it would be graded a "D".

Thanks for a great race. Had fun.

8 hours of knitting, from a book, total noob. Starting to look better at the top. Got wild and wider and narrower for a while, and I have no idea why. It's full of holes and dropped stitches. But I had a good time and killed 2 long layovers in the process. I was actually surprised I could get knitting needles on a plane. I did buy them in the airport, so I suppose they'd thought that out.

It's not the quality of the item, but the journey... pretty sweet, eh?!

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-02-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wondering if anyone noticed or used it....

Spektrum Pro's with their KO Propo Helios and if they worked fine or anyone had problems.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Champion

I use Spektrum with my Helios and had some minor problems, which is odd because I've never really had an issue before. I was told to try flipping the switch behind the module to Normal and once I did that I had no more issues all weekend. Maybe you experienced the same thing.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

I used the JR Z1 with the Spektrum pro and the micro reciever...with the capacitor added to the system.....no problems what so ever.......
Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scootr117
I used the JR Z1 with the Spektrum pro and the micro reciever...with the capacitor added to the system.....no problems what so ever.......
Myself, Eli Ezro, Jim Piersol, and Frank Calandra all used this same setup with no issues.........worked great.
Skip Starkey
Old 12-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i used a ko propo helios radio with the spectrum pro module and spectrum mini receiver and i do not think i had any problems with mine all weekend either.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcmushroom
Dear futureal!

According AD plan provided as follows !
{ 1:Put the banner online since 10 august 2007 to 10 august 2008.
2: The AD Packages(120x240 banner ,12months/$1200 ) will be on your site. }

Please Update the banner of rc-mushroom on your site,

You can log in ftp and download the new banner

AD Link: http://rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPath=335

The file size is 35px now

You can do, Why not do?

If you have any question, please let me know!

Thanks for your kind attention.

Best Regards,
Jimmy Chan

Email: [email protected]

Uh... okay
Old 12-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

John, John,John.
Somebody slap his fingers.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have the 12th Modified Cleveland results
for 1995, 96, 97, and 98???
If that's not a big enough challenge.... how about the 12th stock results for 1991, 92, and 93???
Old 12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Does anyone have the 12th Modified Cleveland results
for 1995, 96, 97, and 98???
If that's not a big enough challenge.... how about the 12th stock results for 1991, 92, and 93???
would it have been posted in a magazine like rc car action,model car, extreme or any other rc car magazine?
Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wait a minute
would it have been posted in a magazine like rc car action,model car, extreme or any other rc car magazine?
I would think so. I tried to look through the RC Car Action website but nothing goes that far back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.