Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
World Championship Alternates in need.... >

World Championship Alternates in need....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Championship Alternates in need....

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default World Championship Alternates in need....

Those who did not qualify may be considered an alternate for a Worlds racing event for ROAR - openings are available at the Elecric Off Road Worlds, to be held in Florida this October.

Should you be interested, email Fred Hohwart at [email protected] with your resume of racing experience, which worlds event you are interested in and your CURRENT ROAR membership number and expiration date.

Good luck!!

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions Director
Member Executive Committee for ROAR
Old 05-28-2003, 09:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Wish I had some track time on my B4, I would have loved to taken up an opportunity to go to the worlds...
Old 05-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

You can... the Electric Off Road Modified Worlds are not until October.... send Fred a resume - its worth the effort
Old 05-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

What are the cost for entry fees to the 1/10 electric offroad worlds?
Old 05-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

What if your resume is blank but you have a ton of experience at local tracks, in other words how does a person get to race against the big boys! I have raced every year for the past 15 years.

Just asking,
Glenn
Old 05-29-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

TeamRoy - I believe $200 plus $50 for additional class - only race 2wd and 4wd... as you know IFMAR does not have a truck class.

Shadow - that is exactly the point of posting this announcement... we would love to send racers to this Worlds event if they are interested - regardless of their "sponsored" or "big race" experience. Just send a resume with the experience you have (make sure your ROAR is current!! ) to Fred Hohwart and wait for a response. If I raced, I would do it... knowing I would get beat very badly but I would figure on having a great time....
Old 05-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey thanks for the quick response, I will get my resume in today!

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 05-29-2003, 07:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Really wish I could go, but no ROAR membership for about 3 years...
Old 05-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Randman - go out to the local hobby shop and pick up the July edition of XTreme RC magazine... in that edition, are two pages of ROAR information and a cut out card to get your ROAR membership... and you will receive a full year subscription to the magazine if you apply for your membership in that manner..... (send in the card to the ROAR administrator and he will ensure you get the full year subscription to the mag.)

$30.00 - get a ROAR membership, the ability to participate in a Worlds event and a full year of XTreme RC magazine!!!

If you really want to attend a Worlds event and you do not have a current ROAR membership... see... its easy to get one and you can go...

Dawn
Old 05-30-2003, 02:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I sent Fred an e-mail about it, hopefully by some chance I will get accepted to go.

At the worlds event, do you have the option to only run 1 class, or do you run 2wd and 4wd?
Old 05-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Randman - I believe you can race either or both... but Fred will give you the details.

I'm glad you sent off an email... good luck!!

Dawn
Old 05-30-2003, 04:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If it is a race both situation, looks like I'll be breaking the bank and buying the Durango for the race... I've always been under the impression that racing both classes was mandatory just because you see all of the same drivers in the A-Main. The cool thing is that I get the chance to race with the A-Main finalists on a weekly club racing basis, get to see what it takes to make it at the worlds.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Is there a website for the track?
Old 06-03-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I did get accepted as alternate -- you have the choice of entering either the 2wd or the 4wd class. The entry is $200 for one class and $50 for the second (also you must re-new your membership if it is due to end before the event). When I was accepted Fred told me their were very few spots left.

Look at it this way, it's a chance to watch the best in the World do what they do best -- I've raced with them before as well, but when your at the big show - everyone steps up a notch -- atleast they better try too!!
Old 06-03-2003, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

for the website - I believe it is www.minnreg.com but check the losi site for the exact link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.