Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I had one of these. It is the best idea of a charger. But THE most unreliable piece of RC item I have ever owned. And in 20 years of RC. I have owned a bunch of stuff.

I am now using lipo's and have the most fun on the battery side of the game.

Good luck ICC users.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

@EZY
cooling the cells is not a cool idea but cooling the heat sink with a double fan during charge and discharge makes difference...
as long as you keep the lever Close position you keep yourself away from trouble I've done upgrade without any problem and as long as you know when to switch ON the charger I don't think you've got any trouble another thing is step charging gives much better results than the others...
Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hi. I have 4 sets of GP 3300 saddle packs that is about 1 year old. All of them do not peak to full capacity anymore. I can only put about 2800mah into each packs. So if i use theSpintec I.C.C will i be able to charge them back to full? Thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Yokemad,

Can you post your settings for step charging?

I was also wondering did you do the upgrade via a "real" serial port? or a usb virtual serial port?

What is the "proper" time turn on the charger?

Sodom,

No you will not be able to get full capacity again. You may, in certain cases be able to put more charge into the batteries on average. However, the main benefit would be your cells having longer life, because you can will not over charge any particular cell in your battery pack again.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the helpful tips rcnewb2004. I guess its time to buy new packs and put my old cells for practice only. So if i start using the I.C.C from day 1 for the new cells, will it help to maintain my new cells for a very long time? How long can a new pack of cells maintain their full capacity? 1 year? 2 years? Please note that i am using the spintec battery manager too.Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

something like this:
step 1
6.2amp
1mv
to 1400mah

step 2
5.0 amp
1mv
to 2600mah

step 3
6 or 6.5 amp
1mv
Twin Fan Over heatsink...
I use my desktop Pc so no usb port I think that makes differance...I usually Flash My satellite receivers software always works same so Press Connect on Pc then turn On ICC works perfect...
Good Luck
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Guys - I have a mint - mint ICC for sale. Looking for $300 shipped in cont. USA. Will also consider a trade for a XXXCR (new)+cash, or a NIB RB5+cash.

This thing is awesome, however, too much charger for me since I am switching to off-road and gonna run Lipo's.

pm me for details...
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sodom
Hi. I have 4 sets of GP 3300 saddle packs that is about 1 year old. All of them do not peak to full capacity anymore. I can only put about 2800mah into each packs. So if i use theSpintec I.C.C will i be able to charge them back to full? Thanks
The ICC is the best charger hands-down for reviving older packs. Depending on the condition of the batteries, you may be able to get very close to new performance for sure. I was amazed at what this charger did with older 3800 and 4200 cells.... . The batteries were great and although not as powerful as my brand-new packs at the time, they definately did wake-up.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you very much duckman996 for the positive info. Now i will definitely buy the charger. Thanks again
Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the details Yokemad,

however, what batteries are you charging in this case?

Sodom,

you should be able to maintain new and old packs for longer periods of times because the cells in the pack will no longer be over/under charged.

my batteries have shorter life now, but still amazing performance.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

I am using GP batteries. Heard they can take better abuse than other brands. Am i right? Btw if i use the charger, am i able to know if a particular cell is not good or dead?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, that battery type question was for Yokemad.

Sodom,
Yes GPs tend to be able to take more abuse than say IBs in GENERAL (don't flame me please).

Yes you can probably notice a dead cell, by taking a look at how long it takes voltage to rebound after a discharge, or taking a look at how fast the cells reach temperature cut off.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Got updated..

Recieved my Interface Cable today.. Started the 'UPGRADE'.. Everything went SMOOTH.. Cool Charger..

The only 'hiccup' i ran into.. The part in the Manual where it says " Scroll to the PC Interface menu and confirm with 'yes' "... It wasn't clear that they meant to do this on the charger.. I Spent about 10-15 minutes looking/waiting/clicking on the Firmware Upgrade Tool screen on my PC thinking that this step was to be done there.. Silly me..

First thing I did notice after the Firmware UPGRADE is that the TEMP readings are a LOT better.. Previous my hand-held temp gun read about 8-10 degrees higher than what the SPINTEC Temp readings.. NOW the SPINTEC Temp reading are about 4-5 lower than my hand-held temp gun..

good stuff imo

Also like the PACK-Status screen.. Nice lil quick-reference..

Will put it thru more paces this weekend...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

The only 'hiccup' i ran into.. The part in the Manual where it says " Scroll to the PC Interface menu and confirm with 'yes' "... It wasn't clear that they meant to do this on the charger.. I Spent about 10-15 minutes looking/waiting/clicking on the Firmware Upgrade Tool screen on my PC thinking that this step was to be done there.. Silly me..
LOL, I did the same thing... upped from 1.06 to 1.07b.. great improvement, especially the cycle modes. also I was having a lot of trouble with false peaking on 1.06. so far it seems to running full charges now and closer to expected numbers.

Awesome charger IMO.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

ICC maybe the best charger to find the dead cells with the latest upgrade dead cells detect and has a X mark...
connection:
press connect on Pc then power On the Icc than scroll down to pc interference menu and Yes...
another story is If you have ICC buy yourself a can of electronic contact cleaner and clean the battery bars regularly for perfect results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.