Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 04:59 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

One top deck, Motor mount incorporated bulked. This is gonna be an interesting looking car. I wonder how they're gonna have one top deck with the steering assembly already above the servo. I assume the top deck is gonna be the one that braces the battery.That's low.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
i would totally love to make it to Fastcats,,, but i am in buffalo right now, not next wekend. I will be at cyruls next saturday OR sunday, depending on if I can switch my off day to sunday.

you?
FastCats
Old 08-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Thats not the first time Ive heard that today!! Seems some people didnt like my thread earlier about a certain someone!!

EA
Nah, I got your joke, just had to make a reply.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Thats not the first time Ive heard that today!! Seems some people didnt like my thread earlier about a certain someone!!

EA

nono.. this year i will have a job when i return. I just had to plan Las Vegas in January.

you started a thread about me??? am I reading that correctly? or am I not the certain someone?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Jeeze! Thought I knew what it looked like and I wanted one! Now I have no idea of how it will look and I want it twice as bad!!!!!

Brant
I know how you feel bro! I'm imitating John Travolta in "Welcome back Mr. Karter", holding my head and saying "I'm so confuse".
Old 08-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Todd--Do we need to bring some extra cash to Vegas so you guys won't have to ship any extra pre-production kits back to Cali.? Just try'n to help the team ya know!

Brant
Old 08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Todd--Do we need to bring some extra cash to Vegas so you guys won't have to ship any extra pre-production kits back to Cali.? Just try'n to help the team ya know!

Brant
You kiss a s s!!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
One top deck, Motor mount incorporated bulked. This is gonna be an interesting looking car. I wonder how they're gonna have one top deck with the steering assembly already above the servo. I assume the top deck is gonna be the one that braces the battery.That's low.
I havent seen the drawings, or talked to anyone about this, but I have known about the overall design for a while now, so my mind has had some time to think about the bellcrank assembly.. Right now the bellcrank is mounted on the bottom of a high upper deck, I'd imagine the new one will be mounted on the top of a low upper deck.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

The RE seems almost a newly designed car! Has it been tested at any of the recent major races? The way news travels around the circus, we would of heard about it or had pictures by now.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The rear motor car has been around for a long time now, the easiest way to make it was with the triple upper decks, which works fine for getting all of the geometry correct. All of the geometry and locations of everything is going to be put into a car that will be much easier to work on, and should look pretty cool as well.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Randy for clarifying. I thought that it was untested design that was coming out.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No, all of the parts will be new, but we have been running the geometry for a long time now.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Todd,

My .02, leave the tire and rim choice to me. If the body mount holes are the same as the JRXS (front motor), then I would rather pick my own body. I wouldn't mind an included body, if the Type-R body holes aren't the same as the front motor. It would be great if a nice Protoform / Parma carpet body is included in this case.

Maximum adjustability out of the box, please. You guys do all the testing, so you know what works. If we will use swaybars or one-ways, please include them. Otherwise, let me pick them up as options.

I would love to see a PRS spur, but Losi is pretty fond of their spur lineup, so I doubt that will happen. I do use Losi spurs for all my 19T / Stock entries, where I try and keep weight down as much as possible.

I understand that Losi is not sure if they will use a VLA type or 2 different A-arm setup. If the Type-R comes setup for carpet, I think it would be a great token of appreciation if Losi would give a few $$ off with proof of kit purchase for those who want to buy the other set of arms, as well.

Thanks for listening. I hope the feedback helps.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

VLA arms and hubs and carriers are the way to go if it works and does not degrade reliability. Less parts for Losi and the LHS and us (me too) to stock.

One thing come to mind about bearings. Over the past year and a half, I have had to replace a few bearings. I loved the JRXS bearings as they were ready to go right out of the box and are very durable. I would love to see Losi offer a JRXS bearing kit so when I order replacements I don't get the older type with rubber or teflon seals or that thick gunky grease. I'm cheap-I'm a club level guy who would much rather buy the original bearings and save money over ceramics.

BTW--I rebuilt my rear diff today for only the fourth time since I have had my JRXS. The McMaster thrust bearing still rocks!!!!! Todd and Losi really put a ton of great stuff into the JRXS from the get go and I can only anticipate what lays ahead in this new release. Thanks!

Brant
Old 08-21-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have a jrxs wat will i nees to convert it to this jrxs-r

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.