Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just been looking at your setup Adrian just wondered what type of peak vantage 19t motor you were using. I only say this because of what brushes you were using and it says trinity xxx I thought you could only use peak/orion v2 one's in these motors?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PW
Yes, it adds traction. Only 1 small modification is needed.

Front tower: slot stock camber hole 2mm up (needle file works good)
Rear: use stock upper camber hole (works best)
Thank's PW, I will try that and see how it goes...

Just one more thing, and with this setup, what is the roll centre that you use?

Thank's once again
Old 08-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RFrancis
Thank's PW, I will try that and see how it goes...

Just one more thing, and with this setup, what is the roll centre that you use?

Thank's once again
We run the front at 1mm and rear at 1.5mm above riser-plate.

Bar....The peak vantage 19t comes with either endbell and he runs the standard endbell.

PW
Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Old 08-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Been a little quite in here. Is the car that good that no one needs help with anything?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The car is that good. I get to try mine out at the new track in the bay this weekend. Testing a few different things to see how they affect the set up we have been running.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Since it's so quite anyway, and I've got nothing to do at work, it's been a while since my last post aswell .

I recently started racing after a break since the last indoor race, I found you a far more aggressive setup when racing on tarmac with rubber tires. Indoor one had to sort of compromise the setup in order to gain proper rear grip and stability. That is however not at all the case now.

The only thing I did last time out was adding steering. Using a spool wasn't even worth the bother, I used a one-way all through the practice. I ended up using thicker oil in the rear absorbers, went from AE blue in the front and AE silver in the rear to sch white all-round and I did some other minor changes to the car.

Even though I did all these things the rear end stability remained untouched and my corner speeds increased significantly, it really felt like the car was flying, which also was the case when looking at my laptimes.

Have you guys felt the same, I noticed it's rather unusual to have a one-way installed on an EC car these days, how come? Sure, the car has loads of steering, but not that much imo.

So I must say, I'm feeling rather confident going to the nationals next weekend. Let's just hope my speedo and motor doesn't burn up!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'll be running the Mo set up with a full blown carpet car on asphalt. We'll see how it feels and then the first change may be the top deck then work on it from there. Who knows.....the car may be dialed still. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anyone have info, pics or details of the Euro's and Teemu?

Looks likes he's doing pretty well up there.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

The results from practice at the Euros I've seen have been all over the place. Half of the heats have been in the rain, half haven't so one round you'll see 10 names in the top ten, the next a whole different list because half of the heats were on a dry track.

As far as running a one-way in the EC, that's all I'll run at SoCal now that I've got a good baseline setup for there. I've tried it outdoors and the car has always been way too twitchy. Not that it had too much steering, but just very hard to drive. Plus most of the places I run outdoor a spool is usually faster anyways because of the layout and much lower grip. It is something I'd love to test if I had more chances to do so.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll have to agree with Jon about the oneway outdoors, I always just run a spool. I've run a diff before but that was just because I was lazy and didn't want to take it out of my car . I find the car is always more stable and consistant with a oneway on asphalt. And the breaking is a thousand times better with a spool. On carpet I always run a oneway, I never change unless it's a strange layout or setup I'm running. A lot of it is a preference thing, but just about all of my preferences are from what I've found to work the best, the most often, and be the fastest . Another thing is tha a oneway on asphalt can overheat the tires very easily compared to a well good spool setup.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

I always run a spool...but I run on high bite asphalt,where too much steering is a problem....so a one-way is not needed.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like it's very much a matter of traction. Sorex 36's does provide plenty of grip on asphalt while the Orion 8x1 is both fast and very easy to drive, so I guess that makes things quite a bit easier for me.

Here's the setup used last time out!

Last edited by Wirre; 08-05-2006 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Congrats to Teemu taking 2nd at the Euro's this weekend. Andy's on a roll right now it looks like. He was going to be tough to beat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.