Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Touring Car Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 08:35 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Default Wing Comparisons

Here are some pictures of the Flap Type-R and the Xenon C/D wings.
Flap concave kinda trumpets as it gos back along the wing, where as the Xenons concave height are constant.
Xenons make Type-R look tame
Attached Thumbnails Ride Touring Car Bodies-flap-type-r-front.jpg   Ride Touring Car Bodies-flap-type-r-back.jpg   Ride Touring Car Bodies-flap-type-r-top.jpg   Ride Touring Car Bodies-xenon-c-d-curved-top.jpg   Ride Touring Car Bodies-xenon-c-d-curved-front.jpg  

Old 07-05-2005, 08:37 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Default Wing Comparison continued

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Ride Touring Car Bodies-xenon-c-d-straight-front.jpg   Ride Touring Car Bodies-xenon-c-d-straight-top.jpg  
Old 07-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
Hmm... interesting. Tried the MK2 with the Flap highdownforce wing on a small track and had some oversteer on cornerexit, more than I liked. But have no Flap RW. It´s also one of the wings I thought of but there are too much wings in Japan available and I didn´t wanted another curved one.
Ed, which of the Ride wings did you compared the RW to, the old or the new one?
The new version that came with the stratus. The one with 4 or 5 ribs in it.
just a pointer, the R is, I think, 175mm wide, the RW is 190mm wide, but has a less extreme centre section than the R.
HiH
Old 07-05-2005, 11:40 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
The new version that came with the stratus. The one with 4 or 5 ribs in it.
just a pointer, the R is, I think, 175mm wide, the RW is 190mm wide, but has a less extreme centre section than the R.
HiH
That means the RW is better than the new Ride. And what did you think of the R?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

So, where did anyone end up with thought on what was the best wings to use??

Has anyone tried the Excel flat wings (EA031) anyone know if they are 175 or 190 width.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

I;ve been trying the mk3 on a tigh twisty indoor track, the std wing was awful, with the gw31 straight the car pushed on entry, but then rotated mid-corner, felt alright but a bit hard to judge. Tried the curved wing that comes with the gw31 straight and car rotated a lot more, felt less sluggish and was much more aggressive, gained .15 a lap and thats on a tiny track with 11 sec laps! I don't think it'd be any good with any of the high-downforce wings.
Haha stew your like the tech master on this thread, I should have known
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just ordered a Ride Honda Accord (A) and i was wondering what the shell handles like compared to a PF Mazda 6 or a PF Dodge 1

Thanks, Charles
Old 12-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

I've found that the RI-195 TSX to work well on medium - high traction asphalt with either the FLAP Type-RW wing or the Yokomo 3.1 wing set.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What did you think of the Xenon wings with the Vers 1 TSX? I just ordered one, I guess I will be trying it out soon for myself.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Charles: I think when comparing Ride accord to PF Mazda 6 you will find that the Ride has less turn in steering but more mid corner steering and a lot more corner exit steering than the mazda. I really like the feeling of the RI, easier to drive compared to the mazda.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks moonman, just got my Honda Accord from Speedtechrc. Looks really cool . Also i've just ordered a yokomo 3.1 wing set so i'll hopefully try that as well

Charles
Old 01-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

the yokomo 3.1 set is dialled. I did some (a lot ) of testing at my track with wings on different shells, biggest affected by different wings was the stratus mk3. With the GW3.1 straight, not much quick response on turn in, but it also failed to rotate properly mid corner. With the curved wing that comes in the yok wing set it rotated more, which led me to think the least amount of downforce would be better. I then tried a mates flap RW, same curve as the yok but with the rather large hump in the middle. The shell was absolutely dialled then, turned in sharp but smoothly and rotated very well without being unstable. After testing on various shells, my thoughts are that the GW31 straight wing seems to make the shell push on entry a bit more, but exits the same as most others. Anybody else got any testing results/theories?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As well as changing the shell, try moving the height of it also, a hole front or rear can make a subtle difference to how it handles
Old 01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

I have a Excel version of the Accord body.It vis an exact copy of the Ride Accord It's very lightweigt but if you hit a wall it easily deformes which results in bad handling. Next body will be a Ride version which is stronger I hope.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just picked up a Rayspeed Accord, does anyone have any opinions on it, like what Ride bodies it's similar to, etc.? The cabin looks pretty far forward, with plenty of trunklid space, plus it has the raised-in-the-middle wing. The front lip/splitter is pretty hefty but it doesn't have winglets on it. I think mine is the RS-26 model

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.