Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

My 2 cents worth if it's even worth that much)

The 5.2 vs. 6.0 issue... The materials used on the 6.0 is stiff but this also makes them brittle. The 5.2 front camber is harder to adjust but like anything else, you will get the hang of it.
The only times I ever had to pull the car off the track is when a board is sticking out and it clips the tire. This will pull the turnbucles out of the ball cup but no other damage. The same situation on the 6.0 and I have broken "C" arms and knuckles. (I really must stop cutting those corners too tight) I think boiling the parts might make them a little more flexible.

As far as performance, in stock trim, the 5.2 has more steering but not loose. The 6.0 is smoother and the more tunning options is also a plus. Hope this helps...

Chrisman- Love the pics! I think you got my bad side. LOL. Great close door to door racing! Lots of fun!

Monsoon- Good driving buddy! You can take Rudy, just don't get too worried when you are holding the lead.

Jzone- Don't worry, we'll get them next time. Just had some bad luck. Car looked good, work on those motors before the next race, then...UNLEASH HELL!!! LOL.

Later
Old 10-09-2001, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I've never driven the 5.2. but i have the 6.0 and it's the best car i've ever owned...pretty fast cornering.... it's a tab push...but good for my slow reflex just need to work on my driving now...
Old 10-09-2001, 05:06 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Where in B.C. are you?

I'm originally from the Northwest. I know Seattle and Spokane. How far are you away for either of those? I think that it would be a lot of fun to come up and race with you. I will be moving back to Portland, Oregon at the end of the year. I'm going back to to school to get my Master's degree starting in January. I would also like to see more pictures of where you race. That will give me an idea when you are giving your tuning tips what kind of surface and corners those are good for.

Cmotif <><
Old 10-09-2001, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello Comtif,

I c you be moving closer to the Canadian border..
I live by Port Coquitlam and most of the guys lives about 30 to 45 minutes apart.Lets say from Portland to here is about an hour and a half to 2 pending traffic.Maybe we 'll see you around.We might make a trip to Raincity for the winter race.They are around Lynwood area I might be wrong.It's close by.If you ever want to come up once you settle down,e-mail us & we'll give you the time and dates where racing will be.Heem ... I knew I forgot the picture of the track......will do that next time.Until than C U later.

Chrisman.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey OVer Gear ,

Glad to see you doing well with the car.A liitle push be better to drive than over steer... keep up the good work.Keep on racing and have fun Give it more time...you be a fast guy on the track.Cheers.

Chrisman>
Old 10-09-2001, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Hey MtyXXX,

Good show.... maybe I'll get a better pic of your car..
Looks like Monsoon is the one that has a newer body.. Rubb it in Mon..!! Next one will be better.Good input dude....

Hey Jzone,

You making my stock motor fast too right.........
Yes,bad luck for you last weekend..No worry there's always another chance.Next time show up a little early will you..
I hope you like how I tweak your car for you...HEE!!hee!!...see u soon.

HEy Monsoon,
So new batts and new esc will make you fly........
make sure you stay away from the boards..
Can't wait to see you and Rudy going at it...C U later.

Chrisman
Old 10-09-2001, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

cmotif......great to see an intrest to come race with us. what are you running in? stk/mod?

chrisman.......you should of given me your stockers last sat. one thing that i've learned about bad luck is that it's always there, you just need to find ways of avoiding it..............the wife has got to stay home next time............ehhehehehehehe

later

jesse
Old 10-09-2001, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

man i've just realized ......I'M OUT OF BRUSHES!!!!!!!!AHAHHAHHAHHAH
Old 10-09-2001, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Jzone,

U got to blame it on some one else....
I got me motors sitting here let me know when u ready...We all be probably in thr pro stock...CyA!

Chrisman
Old 10-09-2001, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

chrisman... Portland, Oregon is 5-6 hours away depending how fast u drive. we are abt 1 1/2 - 2 hrs away from Raincity
Old 10-09-2001, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Monsoon- 5 to 6 hours? What jelope are you driving? I'll drive it in 2.5 to 3. Can't say I'll still have my licence at the end of the trip though.

Jzone- I still have some stock brushes... Interested in being my pitt bitch? he he he. I'll spare some if your strapped, just have some traction compound by the next race.

Chrisman- MORE PICS PLEEEESE!!! Just not of BUBBA, it really slows down my computer. he he he.

Cmotif- Bring it on man! we'll be happy to have ya. We'll share some good 'ol fashion bench racin' and get ya high on Paragon. The good stuff in the black can not that cheep crap in the white can.
Old 10-10-2001, 05:36 AM
TQ
Tech Rookie

just thought you guys might be interested:

looks very cool with all those blue parts!

Last edited by TQ; 10-10-2001 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

is that a pro version or something???? ME LIKE ME LIKE!!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like the regular version with blue aluminum parts.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

if it is...TQ do you know when/if those parts will be available? and how much??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.