Old 02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

are these any good? http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=3907
Old 02-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rene
are these any good? http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=3907
I grabbed a pair to try & they seem OK so far. About 2 hours racing on the track. Stay away from the gpm Titanium CVDs, they suck the big one.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: My NTC3

Originally posted by Nostrixoxide
Hey guys,

Just thought I would share a few pic's of my ride with you. It's still a work in progress as you can see from the photo's. I figure my next purchase will more then likely be some upgraded servo's. Any suggestions? I was told Hitec 625's would work for both throttle & steering. My budget would be some where around $90 dollars for each of the servo's so $180 total??? Well let me know what you guy's think of my ride so far. And if you have any other suggestions. I know I'm probably gonna catch flack about the supercharger from any non-beleivers about it. So if any anyone feels like debating me about it's performance, bring it on. I have all the confidence in the world stating that I noticed a significant increase in acceleration throughout the entire RPM range when I installed it. So please no comments about it, unless you have first hand knowledge about them...

PS, don't laugh at my batteries, they are temporary until my 7.4 volt lithium packs & Novak voltage regulator arrive. Besides I only paid $10 bucks for 12 of them & they are 2300MAH & last a very very long time. The only issue in my eyes is they add more weight to the vehicle...

Here are the pic's~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...04.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...b9.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...37.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...37.jpg&.src=ph
Old 02-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: My NTC3

Originally posted by soc123_au
Interesting, Loose the batterys & its top marks in the "pimp it up" stakes. Why 10 cells ?? 5 will do the job fine & you dont need to worry about upgrading to Lio

For servos you cant beat Futaba, stay away from Hitec. I have had no joy with them at all. KO are good too.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default DSM info needed

Anybody know or heard about the Spektrum dsm unit?My trusty old Futaba 3PJ isn´t so trusty anymore and I was wondering if it could be better with this type of unit.I´ve got the 3PJ with the FM module,does the Spektrum unit replace it or what?Any info or site´s to check out are welcom,just can´t find it by my self.Thanks a heap so far ya´ll
Old 02-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

FUTABA rules though, just wanted to let you know,RB engines too!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: My NTC3

As you mentioned I'm running 10 cells (5 for receiver pack & 5 for supercharger power). If i only run one 5 cell pack to power everything (receiver, servo's, venom products, supercharger then the battery will not last as long & the supercharger will be receiving a lower voltage which inturn would make it spin slower producing less airflow. I know the batteries in it now are massive, so yesterday I purchase (2) 1200mah venom receiver packs from my LHS to put in the car for now until the li-po's arrive. The reason I want to use li-po packs are not only because they last a whole lot longer then standard ni-mh / ni-cd, but when they are fully charged the li-po's will produce 8v which will make the supercharger spin even faster providing even better results
I might continue to use the venom packs strickly for the receiver & the li-po's only for the Supercharger. My concerns with the li-po's are they are 7.4 & up when charged which could fry the receiver & servo's. I still have to see how things react once I install the Novak voltage regulator which is suppose to reduce the amount of voltage from the li-po pack to a consistant 6v output. Either way Li-po's are deffinitly the future so why not stay on top of things?

Last edited by Nostrixoxide; 02-21-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

I didnt realise the supercharger was powered by the batterys. I assumed it was belt driven. Could you post a close up pic, I have only ever seen the RB Innovations superchargers.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

I was under the impression that superchargers dont work for rc engines, as the inlet and exhaust port are always open a little making it impossible to build pressure in the combustion chamber

I am a bit of a n00b still and could be wrong but many people have told me that they arent worth the weight and shit associated with running them plz can somebody who knows more about scale nitro engines clear this up for me thx

also if they gave huge gains you'd think all the pros would be using them
Old 02-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

husker freak ntc3 shipped today email me and i will give you
tracking #.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

email sent
Old 02-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default super chargers

Pros dont use superchargers because they are not legal in competition.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:46 PM

I work with gas and diesel engines with turbos and blowers some are even 2 stroke but they have exhaust valves. I guess once you got the pipe charged with air it would work to a certain degree if the pipe held alot of back pressure. I see he uses the Ae pipe so well..?? It diffently holds the back pressure.
To me a good modded Richey Engine is all thats needed!!

Heres a link for the DSM . Its posted in the main forum, maybe back a page or 2.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=180615
Old 02-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Hey who makes ABC engines? i think it's O S but im not sure
Old 02-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I didnt realise the supercharger was powered by the batterys. I assumed it was belt driven. Could you post a close up pic, I have only ever seen the RB Innovations superchargers.
here is the website where you can see more pictures of the supercharger & read about how it functions. www.mppa.biz

I am familiar with the RB innovations Supercharger. I did alot of research on both of them before I made a purchase. The only thing I didn't like about the RB kit is the fact that it is belt driven. This means that it takes power to make power. And not to mention the RB kit cost alot more when you start adding the upgraded features (intake manifold, under drive pulley's, belts, air filter kit, etc). Once you have bought all of the components your looking closer to $250 - $300 dollars. I got my MPPA SC for $159 including shipping. It came with all the wiring, speed control, Y-harness, intake coupler etc. The only thing I had to supply was a battery & as mentioned before it's not even required to use a seperate battery for the SC, just my preference. You can use the standard (4) AA receiver pack if you want to. Also from my research I found out that the volume of air that the MPPA electric SC produces is a whole lot more then the RB innovations product can produce. And thats if you run the MPPA SC at only 6v and the SC can produce even more airflow when you supply the supercharger motor with a 8v power supply.
It kinda sounds like a hair blow dryer & has a nice tone when you pull the throttle kinda like a wooooosssshhhhhhh sound.

I know all about the so called (myths) of supercharging a 2 stroke engine. I have been into dirt bikes for a long, long time. So I am very familiar with the 2 stroke process. I can honestly that even though there are no intake valves like in a 4 stroke engine the supercharger does work on a 2 stroke. It mainly helps with the scavenging process which allows the cylinder to clean out the old fuel & help draw in a fresh supply of new fuel. Another thing I have noticed with the MPPA supercharger is it seems to cool the incoming air charge. If you touch the supercharger after it has been running for a while it is very cool. So as anyone with some kind of automotive knowledge knows, cool air is denser >>> (molecules are closer together) which means you can pack more air into the same amount of space. This allows you to burn more fuel during each combustion cycle which inturn produces more power. It really is an amazing process. If any of you want to learn more about this I suggest you read this http://www.idavette.net/hib/nitrous.htm
It's an aticle about nitrous oxide & how it works. Nitrous is basically a "chemical supercharger". There is alot of info in this article that will help the unknowing understand how turbo's, superchargers & nitrous effect the combustion process.

As for my stock (polished, bored & port matched) AE exhaust system it seems to work ok. I been thinking of replacing the pipe to something with more volume, but the distance between the front tire & the intake manifold is limited. If anyone has suggestions for a good pipe, my ears are open. I seen there is a company that makes CF exhaust pipes but I think they are alittle too long my application. I can't remember the name of the company but I think it starts with the letter (V). I noticed the pipe in last month's issue of RC car action. It was a very nice looking piece, but I'm sure it will be pricey. I kinda like this pipe http://tsais.com/products/exhaust/cu...e/TS13C640.jpg but I'm sure it's more eye candy orientated then performance wise. Sorry they didn't have a enlarged picture of the left hand side pipe. I figured this pic would do.

Last edited by Nostrixoxide; 02-21-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.