HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know it comes with the one way, shock towers, the lightweight shafts and the Aluminum shocks. Im not sure but it may come with chassis to.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the reply...

lazy
Old 12-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now I got a problem. I just got a new motor a Os TR 5port turbo. But I got a problem when i go to put it on the starter box the flywheel spins and all but the clutch unscrews itself. Like the screw at the end just spins off. The motor wants to start but i can't keep the clutch from coming off so it will start.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nsxshogun
Now I got a problem. I just got a new motor a Os TR 5port turbo. But I got a problem when i go to put it on the starter box the flywheel spins and all but the clutch unscrews itself. Like the screw at the end just spins off. The motor wants to start but i can't keep the clutch from coming off so it will start.
Interesting problem - Not sure if this is first-time use of starter box or not, but I am wondering if your starter box is spinning in the wrong direction? Does yout clutch spin freely when mounted on crankshaft?
Old 12-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Many thanks.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

If I put the car on the box it spins toward the back of the car. Its weird because it never happend to my other motor. Its free but not like will spin for ever free.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know it comes with the one way, shock towers, the lightweight shafts and the Aluminum shocks. Im not sure but it may come with chassis to.
it also comes with the .8 2 speed,hpi super chassis,lightweight motor mounts and top deck,the aluminum hexhubs, ANT titanium screw set....

AND,as luck would have it,I have 2 kits and am thinking of selling one.....
Old 12-06-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone knows where can i buy the 2004 version ONLINE ?

thanks,
Old 12-06-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Initiate

You can find it here: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=10759
Old 12-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Question for L.A. area R40 owners

I see quit a few L.A. area R40 owners. I was just wondering, where do you guys get your R40 parts and hop ups around here in L.A. I'm in Eagle Rock and Pasadena. Hobby People Pasadena doesn't have much (as far as hop ups), Elite Hobby doesn't have much either. I would have to go to Ultimate Hobbies in Orange to get my spur gears for the .8 speed or any other hop up. Where do you guys go (besides online)? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:59 AM
BF
Tech Apprentice

Here's a good one ...

HPI stripped dealership from an Australian Company this year as they where known underperformers.

A small southern hobbyshop now has the dealership and Tower in the US has now banned exports of HPI products to Australia???

I emailed Tower as to why .au is banned from HPI parts and they said :
Thank you for writing Tower Hobbies,

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship HPI products to your destination due to there being a new HPI distributor in your area. Please contact a local hobby shop for more details. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We appreciate your time and your business with us.
My local hobby shop told me there is no HPI agent in .au and he can't get parts.

I haven't tried stormer yet but the Hong Kong shops are closer and cheaper for postage. But still, where are my parts coming from? Time for another car I think.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by rc_king1
I would also like to know where to get a chassis, but I would like to know where in the USA. Thanks
I know about Tower Hobbies and the HPI super light weight chassis, but where can a person pick-up the special Hara chassis that you speak of? Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

2 questions about the R40 :

1.- Too much difference between the normal kit and the 2004 edition kit ?

2.- How about plastics and all around parts quality ?? ... really HPI its making this kit for REAL racing ??

thanks !
Old 12-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tabushi
2 questions about the R40 :

1.- Too much difference between the normal kit and the 2004 edition kit ?

2.- How about plastics and all around parts quality ?? ... really HPI its making this kit for REAL racing ??

thanks !
Yes there is quite a difference between the 2004 edition and the original. If you plan to upgrade, then buy the 04 edition from the start.

Yes this is a REAL race worthy car in all aspects from HPI. The car is not perfect, but every car has its weak points. The best thing about the R40 is that the parts are cheap, its really strong, and HPI has made it really easy to setup with its spacer clip system.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

If I put the car on the box it spins toward the back of the car. Its weird because it never happend to my other motor. Its free but not like will spin for ever free.
Your starter box is wired backwards. The starter wheel should spin towards the front of the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.