Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
DO TO UNREASONABLE CIRCUMSTANCES I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE I AM NO LONGER AFFILIATED IN ANYWAY TO ANY AND ALL SWEEP RACING PRODUCTS AND ITS COMPANY ENTIRELY. I WILL NO LONGER PROVIDE TECHNICAL,R+D ONLINE OR TRACKSIDE SUPPORT.I WAS ONLY A DEALER AND NEVER SPONSORED BY THEM JUST TRYING TO HELP A SECOND PLACE PRODUCT GET TO FIRST PLACE.

Up until now all of my setups revolved around SWEEP but they will now revolve around Alpha which has been a faster tire anyway.
Sorry guys.
Errr .... did we miss something?

Well I guess Alpha's gain there.

BM
Old 08-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Errr .... did we miss something?

Well I guess Alpha's gain there.

BM

I am sure something legal will come out of this so i will err on the side of there is always a certain percentage of what you read almost has to be true at some point, i witnessed a portion of it first hand.......
Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah...looking forward to getting my hands on that body.. have something good planned for it
Old 08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hoping for some help here
I have the ofna gtv2e rtr well it used to be any way I've upgraded most of the rtr bits but need threaded shocks
Does any one know if I buy just the shock bodies do will the internals swap over and does the shock bodies come with everything except the internals and the shaft
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scooby61
Hoping for some help here
I have the ofna gtv2e rtr well it used to be any way I've upgraded most of the rtr bits but need threaded shocks
Does any one know if I buy just the shock bodies do will the internals swap over and does the shock bodies come with everything except the internals and the shaft
Well the thing is that the shock bodies are only a few dollars cheaper than the entire set! Have no idea why they do that but to answer your question I really dont know if the shafts are the same size or not, i am pretty sure the bodies are smaller though.

I have a set of rears that i will sell you cheap but i have no fronts in stock right now.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Well the thing is that the shock bodies are only a few dollars cheaper than the entire set! Have no idea why they do that but to answer your question I really dont know if the shafts are the same size or not, i am pretty sure the bodies are smaller though.

I have a set of rears that i will sell you cheap but i have no fronts in stock right now.
how much for the rears??
Old 08-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

PM me
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

more cool bodies!
Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/8 GT car-audigt300.jpg   Team C 1/8 GT car-lfagt300.jpg   Team C 1/8 GT car-mercgt.jpg  
Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

more cool bodies!
Ooooh nice!

Any of these come ready painted Marcus?
I've ended up with three bodies now I still have to paint?! .... lol

These look very good though...

BM
Old 08-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Ooooh nice!

Any of these come ready painted Marcus?
I've ended up with three bodies now I still have to paint?! .... lol

These look very good though...

BM

Actually yes, they can be purchased painted jut like the pix, there may not even be a price difference, still working on the details.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

I'll take the Benz painted
How much are they and will it fit a DM1?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DRRC
I'll take the Benz painted
How much are they and will it fit a DM1?
they are for long chassis only, I am working on short chassis bodies but will take a while.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Default Front diff ring & pinion damage...

I'm going thru ring and pinion gears quiet quickly, maybe something I have overlooked during rebuild, any tips are welcome.

If I just run a tank of fuel, no problem, but when I go to 3 tanks in a row, I notice the gear already slipping during hard braking...a clicking noise could be heard. I replace the gears, pinion bearings, put the .5mm gap and still same problem, gearbox did not have visual damage, could it be the gearbox was already warped, the pinion bearings was still tight to fit in the gearbox.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpn
I'm going thru ring and pinion gears quiet quickly, maybe something I have overlooked during rebuild, any tips are welcome.

If I just run a tank of fuel, no problem, but when I go to 3 tanks in a row, I notice the gear already slipping during hard braking...a clicking noise could be heard. I replace the gears, pinion bearings, put the .5mm gap and still same problem, gearbox did not have visual damage, could it be the gearbox was already warped, the pinion bearings was still tight to fit in the gearbox.
helical gears are very strong and durable, you either have the mesh too tight or way too loose. how many shims are you using and what kind of grease are you lubing them with?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:39 AM
jpn
Tech Master

helical gears are very strong and durable, you either have the mesh too tight or way too loose. how many shims are you using and what kind of grease are you lubing them with?
I have 2 shims just like the manual says. The grease I use is just normal synthetic grease form an auto supply store...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.