Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
They might just allow Electric 1/8 buggy
I love 1/8th electric but it just tears the track up too much. Even at Fear Farm they dont let the 1/8th electrics run on the 10th scale track
Old 07-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Get your tickets at SRS

I am starting a fundraiser to raise money for the families of the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters that lost their lives fighting the Yarnell hill fire on June 30th. Tekin has donated a brand new tekin gen2 RX8 and a new tekin SC4x 4.5 550 motor that I will by raffling as a combo. If you or anyone you know would like to donate an item to add to this fundraiser please let me know. I would love to have multiple prizes to give away. If you would like to buy tickets for the fundraiser they will be available at Hobbytown Gilbert and SRS starting Saturday July 6th and Hobbytown Tucson on the 7th. You can also contact me directly to purchase. All proceeds will go to the United Phoenix Firefighters Local 493/Prescott firefighters charities. I will supply a link to their site below. 100% of the money raised, minus transaction fees, will go directly to the families of the Granite Mountain Hotshots. If you would like to sell tickets at your store, track, place of business, or anywhere else please contact me. I will try to get flyers out tomorrow. If I am able to get more prizes I will keep this post updated. Thank you or your support.
Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20
Drawing will be held at Hobbytown Gilbert on July 27 at 7pm.
You will not need to be present to win.

Tekin Donated- Tekin gen2 rx8 and sc4x 4.5
Grumpy Donated- Rtr ofna ts2 added to raffle.
Larry Donated- $40 in Hobby Action gift cards added
Cameron Donated- 1/10 McAllister late model body unpainted
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Team Durango DEST210 Ready to run
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Onyx 245 charger
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Futaba 3pl radio
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- DTX tool kit
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Tkp temp gun
Big Ds RC Donated- Short Course Hauler Bag
Krawler Konceptz Donated- custom decals
MurfDog Donated- brushless motors

More to come- donations.

United Phoenix Firefighters
http://www.l493.org/

Donald Crow
520-431-4075
[email protected]

Last edited by Crowbo74; 07-12-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Did they race tonight (Saturday)? I was on my way from Tucson but I turn back. The weather didn't look pretty.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes and no we almost got through the second round before it started raining so they just went off of your first round finish.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I would be nice to have a place close by that would allow 1/8 E-buggy here on the east side. As for tearing up the track its not all that bad if those driving them show some respect. Put rules in place about it and allow some of the drivers to do track maintenance if they want to drive them.

I cant wait to hear whats in store for SRS though! With Glitch gone this is the only place left, and the hours are hard for me to make it out with my work schedule.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
<snip>

I cant wait to hear whats in store for SRS though! With Glitch gone this is the only place left, and the hours are hard for me to make it out with my work schedule.
Well the RUMOR, let me emphasize rumor as to make it clear I have nothing to back this up..... is that SRS may be moving to the WEST side. If that's the case, that will be lame as hell.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mingoglia
Well the RUMOR, let me emphasize rumor as to make it clear I have nothing to back this up..... is that SRS may be moving to the WEST side. If that's the case, that will be lame as hell.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That would be awesome as hell. Lose a good track and gain a good track. I would imagine west side rent is a little cheaper than Scottsdale.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My understanding is that is has to do with franchise rules. But, that too is hearsay.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice
That would be awesome as hell. Lose a good track and gain a good track. I would imagine west side rent is a little cheaper than Scottsdale.
The problem is the same problem I thought when the new W3 opened. You're vulturing business if you put tracks to close to one another. It's "good" for the racer SHORT TERM, but bad for the sport long term as you're brutally competing for the same folks. Spread the love and make them more geographically diverse and bring new faces to the sport and not just truck the same faces back and forth to the same tracks.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The problem is the same problem I thought when the new W3 opened. You're vulturing business if you put tracks to close to one another. It's "good" for the racer SHORT TERM, but bad for the sport long term as you're brutally competing for the same folks. Spread the love and make them more geographically diverse and bring new faces to the sport and not just truck the same faces back and forth to the same tracks.
Well said!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok let's compromise. We'll take srs on the west side and you guys can have w3 on the east side...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Last week New Prizes

I am starting a fundraiser to raise money for the families of the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters that lost their lives fighting the Yarnell hill fire on June 30th. Tekin has donated a brand new tekin gen2 RX8 and a new tekin SC4x 4.5 550 motor that I will by raffling as a combo. If you or anyone you know would like to donate an item to add to this fundraiser please let me know. I would love to have multiple prizes to give away. If you would like to buy tickets for the fundraiser they will be available at Hobbytown Gilbert and SRS starting Saturday July 6th and Hobbytown Tucson on the 7th. You can also contact me directly to purchase. All proceeds will go to the United Phoenix Firefighters Local 493/Prescott firefighters charities. I will supply a link to their site below. 100% of the money raised, minus transaction fees, will go directly to the families of the Granite Mountain Hotshots. If you would like to sell tickets at your store, track, place of business, or anywhere else please contact me. I will try to get flyers out tomorrow. If I am able to get more prizes I will keep this post updated. Thank you or your support.
Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20
Drawing will be held at Hobbytown Gilbert on July 27 at 7pm.
You will not need to be present to win.

Tekin Donated- Tekin gen2 rx8 and sc4x 4.5
Grumpy Donated- Rtr ofna ts2 added to raffle.
Larry Donated- $40 in Hobby Action gift cards added
Cameron Donated- 1/10 McAllister late model body unpainted
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Team Durango DEST210 Ready to run
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Onyx 245 charger
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Futaba 3pl radio
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- DTX tool kit
AZ-RC.com/Hobbico Donated- Tkp temp gun
Big Ds RC Donated- Short Course Hauler Bag
Krawler Konceptz Donated- custom decal
The Toyz Donated- Axial Wraith
Horrizon Hobbies Donated- E-flight UMX Mig 15 BNF

United Phoenix Firefighters
http://www.l493.org/

Donald Crow
520-431-4075
[email protected]
Old 07-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to agree with you here. I don't think the average or newer racer is going to travel accross town from the east side once or twice a week every week to race. That is ecactly wjat they will have to do if SRS moves out west. The West side is covered. It would be better to have a great track on each side of town.

Also, and this is just me, but as a long time and racer i'm not sure I would like all the distractions of Go carts, trampolines, Arcade, and any of the other facilities that are rumored to be a part of this new venture.

Finally, dont expect anyone from SRS to come on this thread and confirm and or deny anything at this point but I'm sure they are reading it. so this is probably a good place for people to post their opinions about it. I would just suggest to keep it constructive.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by THE DAD
Also, and this is just me, but as a long time and racer i'm not sure I would like all the distractions of trampolines.
We wont let the trampolines keep you from missing your race.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.