Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thought the weekend race was Friday night??
Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Track schedule is posted on our website.

http://www.scottsdalercspeedway.com/?page_id=1601
Old 02-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So racing this Friday @ 7pm start time?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Shortcourse drivers I have 30 + sets of tires for Catus brand new ,AKA and Jconcepts $15 a pair [email protected]
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Buggy drivers same deal I have 20 + sets of tires at $9 a set [email protected]
Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default Cactus Classic Forecast

Folks

Weather Forecast from AZCentral

Wed
82/56

Thu
83/57

Fri
82/56

Sat
82/55

Sun
82/55

Mon
83/56

Tue
82/55

But then again we know how accurate weather forecasters are.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinB
Folks

Weather Forecast from AZCentral

Wed
82/56

Thu
83/57

Fri
82/56

Sat
82/55

Sun
82/55

Mon
83/56

Tue
82/55

But then again we know how accurate weather forecasters are.

Thanks
That's pretty close to what weather.com showed so hopefully they're right or very close to. Can't be having any of that 4 letter r word
Old 03-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Cactus time is getting closer,

Hope most everyone is ready. I know I'm pretty well packed up right now, few other things and maybe a repack and I think I'll be set for launch on Monday.

Hope the weather was good enough for the layout to go in this past weekend as planned.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

Hope most everyone is ready. I know I'm pretty well packed up right now, few other things and maybe a repack and I think I'll be set for launch on Monday.

Hope the weather was good enough for the layout to go in this past weekend as planned.
Rained out. They should have the layout done Wednesday then racing Thursday.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Teufel your excitement should be paralleled by the 'promoters' I look forward to meeting you although I can't race. John Watkins I'm still bringing you table/chair and easy up my man-hauling ass all the way in from Australia it's a true pleasure to finally help you this year bud!!!!!!!! If there are any other out of towners that need help please say so, there are good folks around who will help.
Lance

PS... I have some spare B5 rear motor parts I'm plan lend to some friends going up to complinent what others bring, don't fret if your running the rear B5-folks will help you.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
Rained out. They should have the layout done Wednesday then racing Thursday.
Yeah I saw that on the facebook page after I posted up. Hope all goes well for the new layout to go in and be better than expected.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lance Tanner
Teufel your excitement should be paralleled by the 'promoters' I look forward to meeting you although I can't race. John Watkins I'm still bringing you table/chair and easy up my man-hauling ass all the way in from Australia it's a true pleasure to finally help you this year bud!!!!!!!! If there are any other out of towners that need help please say so, there are good folks around who will help.
Lance

PS... I have some spare B5 rear motor parts I'm plan lend to some friends going up to complinent what others bring, don't fret if your running the rear B5-folks will help you.
Thanks for the kind words Lance,

Excited is a bit of an under statement for me. LOL. Stoked may be more plausible. Though I do remind some of the guys I work with everyday just how little time I have left to work before I'm on vacation down at the Cactus. Also remind my bro that's making the trip with me that I have one less work day than he does.

Can't wait to meet all of you guys down there. Both from near and far. Traveling and meeting new people is always one of the high lights for me. Never know who you'll meet and who knows, might even make a few friends along the way.

3 more work days, then it's the final push on Cactus prep over the weekend.

Scheduled departure set for Monday around 6-8 in the evening, which should get us there about 6-8 Tuesday morning. Checked with the hotel today and if we're lucky, we can check in to our home for the week, apon arrival before we head over to the track. Then after finding the right pit spot for the week, it'll be time to burn through a bunch of practice tires. LOL.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the kind words Lance,

Excited is a bit of an under statement for me. LOL. Stoked may be more plausible. Though I do remind some of the guys I work with everyday just how little time I have left to work before I'm on vacation down at the Cactus. Also remind my bro that's making the trip with me that I have one less work day than he does.

Can't wait to meet all of you guys down there. Both from near and far. Traveling and meeting new people is always one of the high lights for me. Never know who you'll meet and who knows, might even make a few friends along the way.

3 more work days, then it's the final push on Cactus prep over the weekend.

Scheduled departure set for Monday around 6-8 in the evening, which should get us there about 6-8 Tuesday morning. Checked with the hotel today and if we're lucky, we can check in to our home for the week, apon arrival before we head over to the track. Then after finding the right pit spot for the week, it'll be time to burn through a bunch of practice tires. LOL.
Is Sparks that far away? Or you making alot of stops along the way?
Never mind just checked Google maps Dayyyyum says 11.5 hours 729 miles.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Is Sparks that far away? Or you making alot of stops along the way?
Never mind just checked Google maps Dayyyyum says 11.5 hours 729 miles.
Yes sir,

12 hour drive one way. 729-743 ish depending on which way you go. Not all bad though. Well worth the drive, as I only do it once a year. LOL. We'll be running pretty much straight through, only stopping for gas and pee breaks, maybe a little snack. My first trip down for the DNC 5 years ago (I think), I pulled off the drive solo, on 2 hours sleep. Tried to get some sleep the day I was leaving, but couldn't. Mind wanted the body to be there, so with enough energy drinks, the body found it's way to where the mind already was. LOL.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Btw,

The week of the Cactus is almost here,

Ladies and Gents,
Time to pack up the gear and make the journey for those that are going.
Weather forecast is still looking pretty good from what I can see for now. The summer race track tan lines will be in full effect. Even if red at first.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.