Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What ESC to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default What ESC to get?

My mate gave me a LRP VECTOR X11 Brushless Modified 3.5 Turn just want to know whats the best Speed controller for this motor my goal is for top speed and my budget is about $150.
Also what program box can i get for tuning?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your problem is that you have a 3.5 turn motor. That will require the higher end speed controls to keep things happy. For 150 you can either get a hobbywing or a speed passion. The Speed passion reventon pro is rated for 140amps, I think it also mentions all the way down to a 3.5 turn motor. The hobbywing should be somewhere in the same area. Not to mention that they both are basically the same company, including orion. I would try to sell the motor so you can get something that you can use. You'll be able to get a cheaper speed control to facilitate the motor.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Castle mmp and a castle link .
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Im thinking about getting either the mamba max pro with their program box or the ORION R10 pro 2-3S ESC and the program box but because of the 2 different brands as the motor is LRP can i still tune it?

Last edited by Sakuraszero; 01-27-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes, but if your considering the orion r10 pro, go with that. At the shop I work at I've seen more castle speed controls go out than anything else right now. I think it's because of their transition over to there new generation of waterproof speed controls, but until I start seeing the reliability get better I'm not gonna be recommending castle from a personal viewpoint. They're nice because they're cheap, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of going through the warranty process.