Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What is the best rc drift car currently? >

What is the best rc drift car currently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best rc drift car currently?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

honestly, regardless of what anybody else says on the entire web (including rctech), the best RC chassis for drifting is HANDS DOWN the TAMIYA TL-01!!!
cheap, and the BEST drift chassis ever. IT's not pretty to look at, but it's by far the BEST!
i know this from experience. believe it or not, take it or leave it, but i know this is fact.
i even hate to admit it, but it's truth and you can take this to the bank.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TOJ
The TA03F have been considered the AE86 of the RCdrift world, Easy to set up for drifting, Japanese make/brand, and a model produced

from long ago resulting parts are not so easy to find. Engine placement is same as AE86 (under the hood)

Tamiya has now introduced the

XV-01 pro , Lay-out is similar to TA03F front motor 4wd, beltdrive to transfer power to rear. Plastic Materials may be even be

better, not as brittle. This seems a modern day TA03F Does anyone think this can replace/substitute a TA03F? Will the XV-01 be

like/considered a newly released TA03F with parts availablility and improved plastic materials & built quality?

Since Toyota GT86 is

considered a new generation AE86 in the 1:1 Automotive world, Can we look at the new XV-01 be viewed as a Toyota GT86 of the RC

world? ;-) 1:1 (both are from same Japanese maker -Toyota -) 1:10 (both are from same Japanese maker -Tamiya)

Can the XV-01 propell to this status as did the TA03F in the RCdrift world ?

What do you think Guys? ;-)
TA03F is really goood, but like a unicorn...where you gonna buy one now??, other than ebay...maybe...SO TL-01 is best...almost same layout balance as TA03, but no belts to worry about.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

My losi just type s is freakin awesome with hip drift wheels!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Best drift car is the Wrap-Up Next FR-D

Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

@td-civ where can i order one of those MST? looks sweet.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All right guys...in my ever increasing addiction to RC cars...it seems a drift car is in the works for me...i saw a couple of videos of a drift car in action and i was like...whoa...

u guys say...any car can be a drift car...hmmm...can my monster truck drift if i put slicks on it?...too much power?...or my more finessed DM1-E???

anyways...i guess my question is...what does it take to "Drift" a car?...losing control with finesse?...i guess it's a fine art in which i'm not quite capable of since i've never "drifted" any of my rc cars before...

what do u need to drift a rc car?...power?...brakes?...power and braking at the same time?...is that even possible in an electric based car?...obviously it is cos i'm seeing it all over youtube...

so...my next questions are...what car is the best bang for the buck for pure drifting?...what car, regardless of cost, is the best drift car?...and to throw a monkey's wrench into all of this...what's the best entry level "cheapest" drift car?

yeah yeah yeah i've heard u guys say it's all on the driver...but aside from the driver...assume we're all pros and can get that wheel to slip with finesse...

basically...just answer the questions...(newbie here)
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Cliche once again but it will always be about the driver. My buddy with his E10 makes everyone else looks lame. Including me and my gazillion dollar VDF. I had a very hard time getting around the track thinking something was wrong with my setup. It was always spinning out, oh noes something must be wrong with the one way! Then I let my buddy drive it and suddenly my car was the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

That said, I've since switched to a TA03F and I feel more comfortable with it which has really helped my driving.

My advice get a cheap drift car. If you like it, learn from it. When you feel you've outgrown it, then you go big!

To me RC drifting is finesse through lack of traction. It's alot harder than it looks despite what you hear from snob racers.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by td-civ
max speed technologies (MST) all the way

i own 3 of the mst chassis and love them

fs-01d (best drift car i have)
xxx-d (still have not run it yet)
ms-01d vip (the best short lay out drift car i have)
Hi!

Which chassis is better to choose: fs-01d or xxx-d pro? can you describe the pros and cons of each?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I like my TT-01, cheap and a decent hop-up selection.