Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Originally posted by InitialD
Ah... You cannot do that with just pure magic. Those you need skills (the RING helps) which I myself have not mastered fully.

Just link to mytsn website then.
Then you know what happens those who aren't registered or logged in keep asking why they can't download it
Old 09-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tranced
1. is rear section of the car relatively integral, ie. do the parts interlock to create stiffer sectioning? reason i ask is that the R40 does this but in a manner that just adds weight.
Yes, the rear as well as the front of the 710 consist of more smaller parts that make up what used to be a single part on say the 705. It does not make the 710 heavier I think.

also, does the front one-way locked into a solid axle make the car react better to short track? thanks.
On power it is like oneway. But braking is excellent. You can drive the car more agressively with a solid front knowing full well that you can brake at the last minute.

Mark is right about steering wise. Most of the time, you need to set the car for a solid front to compensate the lack of off power steering into corners.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Originally posted by markp27
Then you know what happens those who aren't registered or logged in keep asking why they can't download it
You're right. I think you should put a small note below the link to say that you can only access and download the file if you're registered on mytsn.

Heck, you can put the instruction in German. That would limit it to only those who can only read German (ahem ) that are able to download them.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

On power it is like oneway.
But only when the wheels are pointing straight ahead - otherwise only the slowest wheel is driven.

I wrote the following on the 415 forum a little while ago - maybe useful for those who haven't dealt with a one-way before:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...05#post1057305
Old 09-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

You're right. I think you should put a small note below the link to say that you can only access and download the file if you're registered on mytsn.
If they read it

Heck, you can put the instruction in German. That would limit it to only those who can only read German (ahem ) that are able to download them.
I would need some help from you on that, I think
Old 09-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

I would need some help from you on that, I think
Sure. Shoot me a PM and I'll sort it out.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hubs & driveshafts

How'd it happen? Did the dogbone just break or did you hit something?
In the middle of the straight I felt the car suddenly veering to the right at top speed. I knew something snapped ...

It went into the grass at top speed also because I'm to cocky and thought that I could bring it back to continue with the race. A-ah .. nein, no ...
Old 09-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

How true And Sow ended up destroying his website when he mis-read the instructions for the how-to-make-extra-RC-cars-invisible-to-wifey ring trick!!

And now I see that my FAQ link is broken Oh man we're all doomed!!!!!!!!
Blast ... forgot about that. Sorry.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

ugh... i hate when hosts fail you like that.. i've come across one thats pretty reliable its not a promotion or anything.. i just used them in the past and they were super stable.. anyway check em out..

http://www.made2own.com

if there is a referal thingy for discounts, tell em "shima" from [G]eneral Mayhem sent you!

anyways back to some question i have regarding 710:

1. is rear section of the car relatively integral, ie. do the parts interlock to create stiffer sectioning? reason i ask is that the R40 does this but in a manner that just adds weight.

also, does the front one-way locked into a solid axle make the car react better to short track? thanks.

tranced ... thanks, I'll look into them also. I'm spending time this time to find a good one. Can't afford a similar hiccup as each time this happens, a lot of work goes up in smoke.

To question 1, I think yes ... just enough interlock, nothing overkill.

If you have a short track and it has hard braking points, definitely ... a locked front one way would work very well.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Mark and all ... a solution, at least the 710GAQ is concerned will be in place tonight GMT.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 FAQ

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Mark and all ... a solution, at least the 710GAQ is concerned will be in place tonight GMT.
The Return of the King!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default 710 at the US Nationals

I just came back from gas sedan nats. Berry and McNally put 2their 710's in the A, and there was more in B and C. Berry finished 6th and Mcnally was doing well until his car broke down. Brandon bumped up from the B to make the A, and he was driving very good. I have pics of their cars prepped for the main with the new megas. The cars performed very well all weekend and the new mega 12's had plenty of power, enough to pull others on the strait. We were fighting traction rolling all weekend, Brian used solid front axle and mcnally used one way, pretty much everyone used the new rear sway bars 3mm and 2.5mm to help. Thanks to Art Carbonell and Rene Cornella for helping us out.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: 710 at the US Nationals

Originally posted by tomkelley
I just came back from gas sedan nats. Berry and McNally put 2their 710's in the A, and there was more in B and C. Berry finished 6th and Mcnally was doing well until his car broke down. Brandon bumped up from the B to make the A, and he was driving very good. I have pics of their cars prepped for the main with the new megas. The cars performed very well all weekend and the new mega 12's had plenty of power, enough to pull others on the strait. We were fighting traction rolling all weekend, Brian used solid front axle and mcnally used one way, pretty much everyone used the new rear sway bars 3mm and 2.5mm to help. Thanks to Art Carbonell and Rene Cornella for helping us out.
Where do i download the video?
Old 09-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: 710 at the US Nationals

Originally posted by packetdreamer
Where do i download the video?
I didn't say anything of a video. I have pics in my camera, I still haven't unpacked my stuff yet.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 at the US Nationals

Originally posted by tomkelley
I didn't say anything of a video. I have pics in my camera, I still haven't unpacked my stuff yet.
drats! o well, you know we'll take what we can get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.