Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'm interested in running your M21 in an Ofna DM-1 for the GT Open class where it is run. Question is what header and pipe. Car does not have room for a "C" shaped header but a tighter "U" shape.

PM me and I can send picture and dimensions if needed.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I'm interested in running your M21 in an Ofna DM-1 for the GT Open class where it is run. Question is what header and pipe. Car does not have room for a "C" shaped header but a tighter "U" shape.

PM me and I can send picture and dimensions if needed.
The Werks 2058 off road pipe set is the best pipe for this engine in a gt car. The novarossi 9886 is another good pipe.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grinder
The Werks 2058 off road pipe set is the best pipe for this engine in a gt car. The novarossi 9886 is another good pipe.
I just bought a Modded Kangaroo from you to be used in a GT as well, I have the 41021 header and a 2015 pipe is that a good combo for the engine?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
I just bought a Modded Kangaroo from you to be used in a GT as well, I have the 41021 header and a 2015 pipe is that a good combo for the engine?
Great combo.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a question.
I am willing to buy an engine from you .12 for my new MTX5 and i have a big dilema.
from your site my options are
1. Novarossi Flash .12 PTS Tuned or pt
2.Picco Torque .12 EDO Tuned
3. REDS M3T Tuned 2.1cc Touring engine
all the above murnan modifidied of cource.( you can modifie the reds correct??)
can you please tell me the plus and minus of the above engines and with which pipe do you recomend each.and also does the pts worth thr 100$ difference over the pt?
I know this is my first post in the forum, but i read the forum and also i watch this thread for over 1 year and i never felt like i needed to write .Now i have a reason to write and even i know you answer to these questions like once per week so please excuse my ignorance.
George
Old 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Good question. I wasnt overly excited with my .12 pts engine. mine only has a modified piston and the bottom of the sleeve cut on an angle for improved flow. I normally use mine with the short header and 2660 but i did notice all the guys at the recent euros ran the medium header with the pts.

I have been looking at the red m3t engine it does look good in the photos just havent seen one in action yet.

you cant go past the ease of tune and reliability of ther nova
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

I recieved my M21 yesterday - thanks for the great service.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport
I have a question.
I am willing to buy an engine from you .12 for my new MTX5 and i have a big dilema.
from your site my options are
1. Novarossi Flash .12 PTS Tuned or pt
2.Picco Torque .12 EDO Tuned
3. REDS M3T Tuned 2.1cc Touring engine
all the above murnan modifidied of cource.( you can modifie the reds correct??)
can you please tell me the plus and minus of the above engines and with which pipe do you recomend each.and also does the pts worth thr 100$ difference over the pt?
I know this is my first post in the forum, but i read the forum and also i watch this thread for over 1 year and i never felt like i needed to write .Now i have a reason to write and even i know you answer to these questions like once per week so please excuse my ignorance.
George
Hi. All of the above mentioned engines are awesome engines. In my opinion the PTS is not worth the extra $100 for the ceramic front bearing. My PT full ceramic is a better deal. I can modify all 3 engines so that they produce more power. The Picco, and reds engines are priced cheaper than the Novarossi engine. All 3 engines make really good bottom end power, with the PT being the winner out of the 3 on bottom end power. The Picco, and reds run similar. Both the reds, and Picco feel smoother than the PT. I have run all of these engines, and turned similar laptimes with each. You may also want to consider the modified RBM3 with RB2668 pipeset. It is my favorite. The RBM3, and PT will both have an extremely long piston/sleeve lifespan.

I like the RB2668 pipeset with all of the above mentioned engines. The Novarossi 2660 also works well with all of these engines.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Good question. I wasnt overly excited with my .12 pts engine. mine only has a modified piston and the bottom of the sleeve cut on an angle for improved flow. I normally use mine with the short header and 2660 but i did notice all the guys at the recent euros ran the medium header with the pts.

I have been looking at the red m3t engine it does look good in the photos just havent seen one in action yet.

you cant go past the ease of tune and reliability of ther nova
Who modified your PTS?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FaanP
I recieved my M21 yesterday - thanks for the great service.
Awesome. Keep me updated on how you like it.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who modified your PTS?
Yea John who normally modds your engines????? Your fast ones??? But not this one.
Isn't your liner also modded on your PTS?????
Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Yea John who normally modds your engines????? Your fast ones??? But not this one.
Isn't your liner also modded on your PTS?????
half kickass'ed half germanos mod
Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi. All of the above mentioned engines are awesome engines. In my opinion the PTS is not worth the extra $100 for the ceramic front bearing. My PT full ceramic is a better deal. I can modify all 3 engines so that they produce more power. The Picco, and reds engines are priced cheaper than the Novarossi engine. All 3 engines make really good bottom end power, with the PT being the winner out of the 3 on bottom end power. The Picco, and reds run similar. Both the reds, and Picco feel smoother than the PT. I have run all of these engines, and turned similar laptimes with each. You may also want to consider the modified RBM3 with RB2668 pipeset. It is my favorite. The RBM3, and PT will both have an extremely long piston/sleeve lifespan.

I like the RB2668 pipeset with all of the above mentioned engines. The Novarossi 2660 also works well with all of these engines.
tHANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER.
I have to save for the pt i think
Old 12-12-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

I tried for the first time my Murnan mod Kangaroo in my GT car and it was truly amazing. I have never felt such power on my car. It had great torque and ballistic top end. I had bad luck in the main but wow what an engine. I can't imagine a better engine than this one for GT, thanks Murnan.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default Pop noise from exhaust and plug brown

Hi,

My MM 35 plus got a strange problem, when idle long then put on throttle, a large pop noise came from exhaust, then the plug was brown.

The 2nd plug works fine, but it's brown again when out of fuel.

The bearings are new, using Odonell99 t, Tornada 25% fuel, any idea. Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.