R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors
Old 11-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Mugen10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axs1990
Hi Jilles
Please share some information for carpet racing. The 417 is easy to drive but i cant get rid over the last bit of understeer, which costs time. Compared to other cars there is a little bit of agression on the front missing. I know this was also an issue on last ETS for your team, but I guess there are SOME ideas.
My setup is quite your basic setup, I even went the front arms back a little to gain weight on the front axle but no final success.

Secondly please post the partnumber for the ball studs you use with the dampers(seen in the videos), I think they have a hex inside so you dont have to pop the shocks of and create all the play there right?

Thanks a lot, your recent posts have always been very helpfull and kept the trf fast.
I am not running the 417 but I have the 416X with lipo chassis. I run at a small carpet track. A few things I have found that seems to settle down the rear end on carpet is . I layed the rear shocks down to next to last lower shock tower hole. I also run the stiffest front sway bar with no sway bar in rear. I also run 3 mm drop in front with 2mm droop in rear. I also run 28 tires. The car is still a bit to aggressive and want to make the car a bit softer. For a small tight carpet track the car is very managable.

I hope this helps some.