R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to Revive On-Road Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
nf_ekt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdunnmcp
On road in Indianapolis is alive and doing better than it ever has. Last Sunday we had 58+, the Sunday before that 65+, The Grand Slam had 99+, the week before that we had 75+

We have guys coming from Cincinattii, Dayton, lafayette on a regular basis to run 1/12 and TC.

This has also been a breakout year for 1/12. Finally numbers are increasing instead on declining. Car technology in 1/12 has also changed more in the last 2 years than the previous 10 years.
1/12 is a great class, hope it really is on the rise. i don't know why it has been mostly ignored for so long. I mean, the kits are cheaper, there are less parts to deal with, the batteries are cheaper, the electronics usually last a long time, and with pre-trued tires available how much easier can it get? Everything is link now, so dealing with t-bars that tweak and break easily are no-more. Spend a little time on set-up and they drive like a dream, so much more fun to drive in my opinion. I think it comes down to people always wanting something that resembles the actual cars you see on the streets? I dunno, I'm just saying it is an answer that is ignored all to often.