R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need some info on a Team Associated RC10.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
marvinbeaverdip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

+1 on the suggestion to NOT drive it, or just sell it. Gold pan RC10s are really for people that like the nostalgia aspect of having one but have other cars to drive, or for those racing vintage classes and have parts available. I just recently bought my uncle's original gold pan for nostalgia reasons, but after putting a new body on it with retro paint job I probably wont drive it. I've got other cars to drive and not care about breaking. It'll just sit and look cool.

Speaking of; I posted this http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...tage-rc10.html this morning about gold pans on ebay. Even my uncle had the thought that perhaps his stuff could still be used now, or that the 30 year old MRC charger was still worth something. I'm curious what you paid for it at a thrift shop? I gave my uncle $75 for all his stuff, including an old magnum junior and novak 4 esc. I think that was probably a good deal. You see a lot of buyers asking $$$$ on ebay for the same car in worse condition. Sell it, make some $$ and buy a fun current one from the forums hear or your LHS. Lots of support here to help you figure it all out too.