R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - getting into nitro
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
mudboger07
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sancho1388
hey guys I want to get into nitro. i just had a couple questions. beside fuel screw drivers and wrenches what else should i keeps handy. every time i talk to someone they tell me is need ten tons of crap and never go into detail. they also tell me if i have to ask i should stick to electric. nitro guys seem to be dicks over here. my other question is on average how much does it cost you guys/gals to maintain your nitro cars/trucks. fuel, parts ect...

Thanks guys/gals
First question is are you already in rc, if so you prob have a few tools already that will get you by untill you deside what you will need, I mean there is no detailed list persay, If you dont have anything yet a tuning screw driver, glow plug wrench, 17mm wheel wrench, a set of GOOD allen wrenches will be a good place to start. The if you don't already know how to tune, read the tuning bible twice and get help from the guys at the track, and most of all ask questions, it's the only way to learn if you don't know how. Most of all have fun and welcome to the wonderful world of 1/8 scale....