R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Deciding, TC5 OR XRAY?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Kingy 07
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rknott
Thought I would hop on this thread because I am doing the same research. I currently run a TA-05 and can't seem to get it dialed in. Admitedly I am not an expert, but after spending hours and hours myself and then working with a 1/2 dozen guys at my local track none of which could get it dialed in (major traction rolling problem on carpet) the mumbling I heard was "buy an xray '007 used for a couple of hundred bucks and you will avoid all these hassles."

Now, I know a better car isn't going to make me an expert driver, and yes I have seen some of the "fast guys" do just fine with their TA-05s, but they are Tamiya experts, know all the special tweaks, and are able to several days per week at the track making adjustments and getting that last 1/10 of a second off their lap times.

Back to the point. TC5 parts are available everywhere here and XRay parts, not so much. This makes me want to go TC5. General consenus seems to be XRay is a better car.

Questions:
1. Are 007 parts still available?
2. The TC5 has been around for quite a while, any rumors of a TC6?
3. Is the upgrade from a TA-05 to either a TC5 or XRay so big I will be happy either way?
Hey mate,

I run a 007 and i find it easy to get parts, stormer hobbies, have a wide range of xay parts 05 and onwards and i'm sure you'll find a rcstore near you that ill have xray parts.