R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - My opinion on Losi vs Mugen
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM
rearviewmirror
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Its well know that if any fuel hits the fiber brakes, they fade in and out and basically suck. I ran the 8ights for a year and a half.........I know EXACTLY what happens when they get splashed, you can pretend otherwise but it wont make it right The brakes are just one of the many issues the cars have though......anyone that has time on the cars know them all too well.

I know the Losi's are appealing because they are dirt cheap and many like to swing from the Drake's nether regions, but their quality reflects the price. I wouldn't run a losi if they gave me a full ride......... I'd much sooner spend my money on a kyosho or mugen than drive a losi for free.....

Not to bash Losi uneccessarily, I ran their cars back in the day and loved them. Coming back to Losi after a career of real racing though, has really dissappointed me with their drop in quality over the years. Obviously, when Gil left, he was more than a little dissappointed in the direction the company was headed as well..... You can run em if you want to, but there are CERTAINLY better choices available.
Yeah.. I'm not a huge fan of the slop, but they are cheap and I can still win with one. I'm cheap too so that helps. I'll buy a 2.0 when the 3.0 comes out. I'm not sure who or what Drake has to do with it though. Gil Losi Jr works for Kyosho so who knows how the real R&D goes with Losi now. If I stick with R/C I'll probably run Xray in the future, there is no doubting their quality, but honestly the expense isn't justified for club racing, at least not for me. Plus I can get Losi parts form damn near 50 people at the track on any given race weekend. So I'll keep rockin' Losi's as long as I'm having fun.