R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Nostrixoxide
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: My NTC3

Originally posted by soc123_au
As you mentioned I'm running 10 cells (5 for receiver pack & 5 for supercharger power). If i only run one 5 cell pack to power everything (receiver, servo's, venom products, supercharger then the battery will not last as long & the supercharger will be receiving a lower voltage which inturn would make it spin slower producing less airflow. I know the batteries in it now are massive, so yesterday I purchase (2) 1200mah venom receiver packs from my LHS to put in the car for now until the li-po's arrive. The reason I want to use li-po packs are not only because they last a whole lot longer then standard ni-mh / ni-cd, but when they are fully charged the li-po's will produce 8v which will make the supercharger spin even faster providing even better results
I might continue to use the venom packs strickly for the receiver & the li-po's only for the Supercharger. My concerns with the li-po's are they are 7.4 & up when charged which could fry the receiver & servo's. I still have to see how things react once I install the Novak voltage regulator which is suppose to reduce the amount of voltage from the li-po pack to a consistant 6v output. Either way Li-po's are deffinitly the future so why not stay on top of things?

Last edited by Nostrixoxide; 02-21-2005 at 01:56 AM.