R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
Please don't take it as a stickler consumer but that's the price I see on every site as it seems to be a MAP price. Again, I support JConcepts avidly (no pun intended) and intend to continue because you guys make great products. I just think it's a bit much as are many small products littering the hobby from a multitude of manufacturers.
Ahh...You are referring to the newer 2341 wheel nuts which retail for $22 and sell for $18. Again, these are a fully machined wheel nuts (not cast/forged) and have an oversized flange. The large flange and clamping surface area supports the wheel and helps maintain geometry during flex and load. The larger area also provides more footing for the serrated area which provides a more comfortable lock-down.

Keep in mind most of these smaller items from various manufactures are specific to r/c and are precision machined lower volume items (100's vs 10,000's). In the case of wheel nuts, almost all of the ones on the market are actually for multiple industries and are made by the 10's or 100's of thousands.

Thanks again for the support and feedback.