Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Wheels turning more on one side >

Wheels turning more on one side

Wheels turning more on one side

Old 01-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Wheels turning more on one side

Hi,

I just installed a new servo on my 1/16 e-revo and noticed the wheels seems to be turning more towards one side. I made sure that the steering arm is center, did a custom shorter one, but it still seems to be turning more on one side.

Any ideas to fix this?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Sounds like you need to adjust the steering end points on your radio
Old 01-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Sounds like you need to adjust the steering end points on your radio
That could be it or I wonder if the arm is not truly in the center, since I had to put the steering trim all the way to the end to be centred...
Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

take the servo horn off. Turn the car on and make sure the steering on the radio is centred. Reinstall the horn. Check for binding on the drivetrain. Make sure your radio end points are equal. That should take care of it.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You'll need to set the steering up with the radio.
Take the servo output arm off the servo by removing the servo output screw, but leave it hooked to the steering linkage. Find out where the servo arm wants to set (align) with the front wheels pointed straight ahead. You're probably going to check this several times, so take note. Now, without the servo output arm off the servo, turn on the transmitter, then the radio in the car. Check and make sure that the trim on the radio is centered. If it's a programmable radio, check the radio manual looking for a 'sub-trim' or similar adjustment on the menu. Check that, making sure that it is at '0' (or whatever it's supposed the correct value for your system is) and that the endpoints for both directions is set to 100%. Now, with everything centered, the servo, the software, and the front tires, put the servo output arm onto the servo and re-install the screw. Check the steering each way to be sure it's:
1) Equal on each direction and each tire
2) It's not too much (hitting the suspension or binding) or too little.

You can now adjust the transmitter endpoint adjustment to equal out the steering.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Twangmaster View Post
You'll need to set the steering up with the radio.
Take the servo output arm off the servo by removing the servo output screw, but leave it hooked to the steering linkage. Find out where the servo arm wants to set (align) with the front wheels pointed straight ahead. You're probably going to check this several times, so take note. Now, without the servo output arm off the servo, turn on the transmitter, then the radio in the car. Check and make sure that the trim on the radio is centered. If it's a programmable radio, check the radio manual looking for a 'sub-trim' or similar adjustment on the menu. Check that, making sure that it is at '0' (or whatever it's supposed the correct value for your system is) and that the endpoints for both directions is set to 100%. Now, with everything centered, the servo, the software, and the front tires, put the servo output arm onto the servo and re-install the screw. Check the steering each way to be sure it's:
1) Equal on each direction and each tire
2) It's not too much (hitting the suspension or binding) or too little.

You can now adjust the transmitter endpoint adjustment to equal out the steering.
Thanks for the help, since I cannot adjust the endpoints on my controller, I ended up slightly trimming the servo link so it's 90 degrees and cut the servo protector like that: