Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 electronics

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW

Lastly they were talking about servos (Protek 130T vs 130SS), so it's probably BEC voltage, not the use of only a 2S battery he's talking about.
Lol I was hoping that. I would like to see someone point out the advantages and disadvantages to a high voltage servo, what you need to run it.
I think the OP needs to state what he will do with the truck, 8 minute per race or general running around bashing style.
Putting undersized esc's in may work for 8 minutes, but try them for 25-30 minutes thru the yard and bad stuff happens lol. I learned early in, build a safety buffer into the truck.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spookie
Lol I was hoping that. I would like to see someone point out the advantages and disadvantages to a high voltage servo, what you need to run it.
I think the OP needs to state what he will do with the truck, 8 minute per race or general running around bashing style.
Putting undersized esc's in may work for 8 minutes, but try them for 25-30 minutes thru the yard and bad stuff happens lol. I learned early in, build a safety buffer into the truck.
Yard stuff and races.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirkW
BEC is 6.0 or 7.4V On a Hobbywing XeRun XR8 Plus.

Lastly they were talking about servos (Protek 130T vs 130SS), so it's probably BEC voltage, not the use of only a 2S battery he's talking about.
My bad, I swear I read somewhere that it was 7.2. I was gunna say... Because that's weird
Old 05-01-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

The main thing is research the esc and make sure it will have what you need for you're needs. Sometimes I spend hours checking specs on stuff before purchasing to make sure it's the right thing. Good luck on whatever you choose.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

The main thing is research the esc and make sure it will have what you need for you're needs. Sometimes I spend hours checking specs on stuff before purchasing to make sure it's the right thing. Good luck on whatever you choose.
Yeah I am. I've just got to figure out about programming. If you know anything about programming the xeruns then let me know to save me some time. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Deciding on motors.
The smc 1900kv seems to be the best right now but there is also the tekin 2050, more price, but I'm willing to pay it. Send me some more input if possible.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shirillz731
Yeah I am. I've just got to figure out about programming. If you know anything about programming the xeruns then let me know to save me some time. Thanks.
Sorry haven't messed with the Xeruns any. I'm sure the programming is quite a bit different from the plain HW pro 150amp esc's I've used. What kind of problems you having? Timing, drag brakes?

Honestly if I could choose mtrs and could get a Tekin for a good price, I would go Tekin over a SMC. Not that the SMC is bad, but I'm a big proponent of super customer support, and they have some of the best.

Eta either mtr will do great in the buggy. Tekin is supported right here on the forum, I have seen it first hand.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry haven't messed with the Xeruns any. I'm sure the programming is quite a bit different from the plain HW pro 150amp esc's I've used. What kind of problems you having? Timing, drag brakes?

Honestly if I could choose mtrs and could get a Tekin for a good price, I would go Tekin over a SMC. Not that the SMC is bad, but I'm a big proponent of super customer support, and they have some of the best.

Eta either mtr will do great in the buggy. Tekin is supported right here on the forum, I have seen it first hand.
I don't actually have the ESC, just new to programming them. The only experience I've had before this is a slash. But I've done more research.
And about motors, I'll see if I can snag a tekin 2050 then. Thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Just make sure to get the right programming box for the Xerun. HW makes like 3 of them, lcd type, for various esc's, and they won't interchange.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Just make sure to get the right programming box for the Xerun. HW makes like 3 of them, lcd type, for various esc's, and they won't interchange.

Okay, but on amain, when I get tekin rx8 gen2 and 2050 kv combo it's $10 cheaper than the 2050 with hobbywing. Any advice? I talked to a guy that uses all tekin and he says he never had any problems, plus I think tekin would handle it well if I did have problems. Let me know.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone have a bit more input? Tekin rx8 gen 2 vs hobbywing xerun xr8 plus?
Old 05-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

tekin rx8 gen2 and 2050 kv combo it's $10 cheaper
/\/\ for sure imo. It's cheaper and it's light years ahead on customer support. And that comes from a HW fanboy lol.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

/\/\ for sure imo. It's cheaper and it's light years ahead on customer support. And that comes from a HW fanboy lol.

Okay thanks lol
Old 05-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Looking forward to you're build. You started right, with a losi lol. Now you'll have a top rated system, that can be used in another newer version, 3.0 or 4.0, if you go that way. I had 6 trucks when I found Losi, Brushless hopped up 3908 EMaxx, sct's, hopped up mini 8, etc. I sold it all, when I discovered Losi8 buggies and truggies lol.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Looking forward to you're build. You started right, with a losi lol. Now you'll have a top rated system, that can be used in another newer version, 3.0 or 4.0, if you go that way. I had 6 trucks when I found Losi, Brushless hopped up 3908 EMaxx, sct's, hopped up mini 8, etc. I sold it all, when I discovered Losi8 buggies and truggies lol.

Lol that's awesome. For some reason I'm fond of associated and idk why. I wish they were top dog in 1/8, idk why but I think it might be because of their drivers. Anyway, idk if I'm going to get the airtronics transmitter. I still think I might go with spectrum to save on the cost
Or maybe I should spend the extra money. The thing is, I don't know how much better the airtronics is over the spectrum. If it's a ton better then I guess I'll get it. Still doing research tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.