Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is my diff stripped?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Is my diff stripped?

I was mudding my vaterra Halix in the swamp. It has some of that grassy shit that wraps around your tire and forces your motor from moving. When I was done I rode it in my yard for a good 2 minutes until I went up a hill and only the front tires were moving. Also the rear left axle was moving but not the tire, and the rear right tire and axle weren't moving at all. I have a metal spur gear which I was warned could strip the diff!
If anybody knows what is wrong please help me! Thank you Aedan...
Old 03-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Time to take it apart to check it out. Use the exploded view in the manual to get it apart. You may have something jammed in the axles or it could have stripped something.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aedan929
I was mudding my vaterra Halix in the swamp. It has some of that grassy shit that wraps around your tire and forces your motor from moving. When I was done I rode it in my yard for a good 2 minutes until I went up a hill and only the front tires were moving. Also the rear left axle was moving but not the tire, and the rear right tire and axle weren't moving at all. I have a metal spur gear which I was warned could strip the diff!
If anybody knows what is wrong please help me! Thank you Aedan...
The axle was rotating but not the tire..did you strip out or break something that connects the wheels to the axle? Try spinning your back wheels while in the air "with out a load"if one tire spins and the other tire stays still.then it.s probably not your diff..

Last edited by rannblod; 03-30-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Thank you!

Originally Posted by Hauptmann6
Time to take it apart to check it out. Use the exploded view in the manual to get it apart. You may have something jammed in the axles or it could have stripped something.

Thank you for what you said I found out the the little pin that hold the axle in must have fell off causing the diff to not engage or something weird like that on the other side. It all works now good thing I always have extra parts!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aedan929
Thank you for what you said I found out the the little pin that hold the axle in must have fell off causing the diff to not engage or something weird like that on the other side. It all works now good thing I always have extra parts!

Most excellent!

Every time you take it apart you will learn something new.

If you have a semi popular car, search youtube. There are many videos on how to maintain and upgrade specific parts.

And yes, you can NEVER have too many spares. lol