Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nimh problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default nimh problem

I stored my nimh packs charged up last year. When i pulled them out they read super low voltage and wouldnt power up the esc/receiver.

I charged them and it didnt take much of a charge till the charger said complete.

Put em in the car and it ran for 2min if that and died.

Volt meter says 8 volts (7 cell pack)

Are these packs done for or can i drain em and recharge somehow? I put the charger in nimh discharge at 0.1amp and to quit @ 1v to watch the voltage drop. It drops from 8+volt to 1volt in about a minute, having drained 1or 2 ma. Then I take it off and it reads 8volts.
This is true of 3 packs so far. I havent checked the mini packs for the 1/18 truck....
Old 04-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recommend a last ditch by doing a slow charge. 150mAh-200mAh and run it overnight.

Then tomorrow morning take it up to 1C and see if it can hold it.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's happened to me before. If you have a decent charger you could actually fix that issue by cycling the battery about 5 times. Each time it cycles the mah will go up unless the battery is really bad. Then go buy your self lithiums.