Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old-New

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Old-New

Raced years ago as a kid, I ran an RC-10 back then and so many things have changed. No more clothes line pins for frquency and no need to carry extra channel around.

Just bought a TC4 chasis, AMC Javelin body, 25.5 motor, ESC, wheels, tires, steering servo, and went with a cheapo Traxxas transmitter taken out of a RTR that the guy did not need so I got it cheap. Will get batteries and charger next after some more research.

Took my kiddo with me and lucked out as a guy was there to practice. Son was all smiles. I am going to start in the VTA class and maybe get into the USGT as well. I will eventually get a nicer radio I can program but just needed the basic setup for now. Will start putting everything together this week and weekend with hopes to have it done next week. I am really more interested in the on-road stuff and would like to see more done with open courses outside in parking lots to open things up more.

Looking forward to having some fun with it. Saw a drift car running, that looked like fun too sliding around the corners. The VTA class I like as I tend to sway towards the cars that look like actual cars.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

A radio and charger are things that if you buy cheap... you will end up buying twice.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Welcome back - VTA has been OnRoad's savior in many areas and should be a lot of fun for you.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Good to see you can now enjoy with your son what you once did yourself.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Spent a couple of hours at the track watching some eletric indoor offroad. Alot of slashes an buggies. I am considering an SC10.2 since I know I will want to tinker and the Slash class is stock out of the box racing but the reviews seem great on those and super durable.