Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Fuel

I'm getting back into nitro racing. I've got some fuel that has been sitting for a few years. Its been sealed tight the whole time. Is it still usable or not. If I do use it what kind of damage would it do to my engine.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutt_c
I'm getting back into nitro racing. I've got some fuel that has been sitting for a few years. Its been sealed tight the whole time. Is it still usable or not. If I do use it what kind of damage would it do to my engine.
Personally I wouldn't risk running your car with old fuel. I've heard of stories of engines blowing up. (not sure if it's true or not). I'd buy a fresh bottle of fuel just to be safe. (Old fuel makes a good weed killer lol.)
Old 08-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Fuel

I would try it and if the engine tunes good it should be fine. Fuel only goes bad if it gets moisture in it.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I have ran traxxas fuel that was old and it was fine!!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

I actually used some of it to get my buggy running due to not living close to a hobby store to purchase more. It seemed to be idling very high and I had to back off on my throttle adjustment. I need to do more adjusting. My Buggy hasn't been started in around 5 years. So I know that I'm going to have to adjust it over a period of time to get it to run properly. I just didn't want to anymore damage to it than necessary trying to get it started and running it till I'm able to get somewhere for some new fuel. Thanks for your input.