Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Traxxas 1/16 rally ... whats it good for? >

Traxxas 1/16 rally ... whats it good for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas 1/16 rally ... whats it good for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Traxxas 1/16 rally ... whats it good for?

Hi guys,

basically I bought this traxxas rally since it was up for a good price and thought i could just keep it as a spare parts for my mini revo which is my usual weapon of choice for bashing.
But after seeing some people with their drift rc, I'd like some of that action!

So can I get some counter steering action out of the traxxas rally at all? Or am I better off save some money and purchase a real drift platform?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Yah u are better saving some money to get a drift platform, it doesn't have to be a high dollar mst or Sakura or anything, I have an exceed drift star converted into rwd and I have some drift fun with it, a hip sprint 2 is a very decent drifter as well, if u want some serious info on drifting feel free to check outhttp://driftmission.com
Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neo_hito
Hi guys,

basically I bought this traxxas rally since it was up for a good price and thought i could just keep it as a spare parts for my mini revo which is my usual weapon of choice for bashing.
But after seeing some people with their drift rc, I'd like some of that action!

So can I get some counter steering action out of the traxxas rally at all? Or am I better off save some money and purchase a real drift platform?
Cs drifting is much harder than 50:50, but look much looked if done right i think. If you plan to go cs look for a belt drive chassis. It can be dont with shaft it's just harder to get gears to do it
Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

have you looked at jang's review of your ride on URC? it looks very versatile and he seems to think its all purpose! but drifters are drifters....rally is not.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

lemonader83 which review? I saw the youtube videos and I remember him saying it wasn't very good at either tarmac or offroad (but had the potential).

I don't think I can get much counter steer drift out of this thing without heavy modifications... might just sell it.

I'm thinking of getting the sakura d3 rcmart.com/3racing-sakura-drift-front-motor-touring-kitsakurad3-p-35278.html?cPath=420_1417
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

What I like about rally cars is their surface versatility. You can walk out of your front door and map out a multi surface track, run it until you get tired of it then map out a different one. The Traxxas is waterproof too so you can map out a track that crosses water. Too cool.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skiboblitch
What I like about rally cars is their surface versatility. You can walk out of your front door and map out a multi surface track, run it until you get tired of it then map out a different one. The Traxxas is waterproof too so you can map out a track that crosses water. Too cool.
Haha! true dat! I like your thinking, reminds me why I liked the rally. I have a merv so I might just buy the arms and wheels...
oh wait this is why I ended up buying the rally in the first place, takes too long to change the arms!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Watch some Rally videos on You tube, both RC and life size. It's pretty awsome. The video game "Dirt" has a lot of rally action as well.