Can't wait to get back into this...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't wait to get back into this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

As most have suggested I would go with an RTR (Ready to Run) as it has everything you need to get it up and running other than maybe AA batteries. Some brands to look at would be Traxxas, Hpi firstly as they probably have the most parts available to the public in general but they also tend have their own "weakspots" that always seem to break unless you upgrade which costs more $$$. A decent RTR from Traxxas will probably run you between $300-$800 depending on the model and where you buy it. You can choose either a brushed vehicle (Slower yet less expensive) or a brushless vehicle (Faster yet more expensive).

As for recommendations since you stated you just want to bash with it. I would recommend either a monster truck, short course truck or even a truggy/buggy as they are also very durable yet less ground clearance. I currently own a Revo which is one of Traxxas's higher end monster truck and it performs great. I know many people who have Hpi Savage's and love them as well. Team Associated and Traxxas makes good short course trucks. I think the Sc10 (Associated) is a little more nimble than the Slash (Traxxas) but many people own the Slash and its a good all around basher and quite durable.

Anyways I hope you find the right rc that you will enjoy for years to come. There are many good vehicles out there. If you look around on different forums you will find others with all the experiences with any vehicle you can think of. I would stay away from the Grasshopper though and get a more up to date vehicle where you can get parts for from a lhs. Have fun searching!