R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   My 1st nitro car not a good start (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/722896-my-1st-nitro-car-not-good-start.html)

Sakuraszero 06-01-2013 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by meno1103 (Post 12212125)
You could agree to just go and have the motor checked, but politely state that you have had nothing to hide from them, and you expect the same in return. If they still want you to be out of sight for the inspection, I'd walk away. I don't know how you being away would benefit them in any way if they know they did you wrong, but if they truly don't think they sold a used engine then they probably want to be able talk to each other, speculating, while checking it. In any case, it just seems fishy.

yea this is the thing they made it clear they will check the motor but I Have to wait out the front as there policy states no customers is allowed to be in the work shop. They own the shop surly in this circumstances I should be aloud in the work shop. On the other hand I want to go there for them to look at it as I got nothing to hide as you said so don't really know what to do but if I cant be present when they inspect the motor something strange is going on so might just forget about it and move on

meno1103 06-02-2013 12:07 AM

I didn't think of their shop being out of customers' view, the lhs I go to has their work area right on the other side of the display cases for some products in plain view. I really can't say I expect them to break their policy but I'm sure having an over-the-counter inspection should suffice in this situation, no need for them to have to go to the back room to check an exhaust port :rolleyes: maybe they are just being too tight. If it was me, I'd walk away. Sucks that this kind of thing happens, I know this makes a lot of people turn their back on this awesome hobby :(

chadj1980 06-02-2013 01:26 PM

Sounds like you have a shady hobby shop in your area..Around here they do everything in front of you so you can see it and maybe even learn a thing or two...

Sakuraszero 06-11-2013 03:50 PM

This is pretty much the email consumer affairs sent me after speaking to them on the phone after reading this I think I will just cut my loses and move on and I will forward all emails in full with business name on here so others don't go through what I went through.

As discussed, you have agreed to have your engine inspected by the trader and accepted the following terms:
•You may choose to wait at the front of the shop, but NOT the backroom workshop. According to the trader's policy, entry to workshop is STRICTLY off limits to all customers.
•The inspection of your engine will be carried out in the backroom workshop
•The trader is available to carry out the inspection on Wed or Thurs between 12 pm and 5 pm.
•You will ring or email the trader to make an appointment.

The outcome of your case is dependent on the trader's assessment of the engine.

ADelAIDedrift 06-12-2013 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sakuraszero (Post 12247109)
This is pretty much the email consumer affairs sent me after speaking to them on the phone after reading this I think I will just cut my loses and move on and I will forward all emails in full with business name on here so others don't go through what I went through.

As discussed, you have agreed to have your engine inspected by the trader and accepted the following terms:
•You may choose to wait at the front of the shop, but NOT the backroom workshop. According to the trader's policy, entry to workshop is STRICTLY off limits to all customers.
•The inspection of your engine will be carried out in the backroom workshop
•The trader is available to carry out the inspection on Wed or Thurs between 12 pm and 5 pm.
•You will ring or email the trader to make an appointment.

The outcome of your case is dependent on the trader's assessment of the engine.

That is not fair. ACA is supposed to be on YOUR side, you are the CONSUMER. Ring them again, and have the motor assessed by an independent third party (another shop, in another area not affected by sales cross sales).

It is after all a fair assessment you are after, so going back to the same people who says there isn't a problem is not going to cut it.

If you can't do otherwise... here I thought our countries ACA was representative of the consumers...

My ST-RR EVO 07-07-2013 07:21 PM

It sounds like you're getting screwed. It also sounds like you live in another country so I don't really know how it works there, but in America, I would try and resolve it with the business like you did. When that doesn't work, I would dispute the charges on my credit card. You have good evidence. If the credit card sides with you, then they will do a charge back on the company- essentially force the refund. If that doesn't work, I'd take them to small claims court. The judge just goes with the evidence and what's reasonable.. having heard only your side and seeing the pictures and assuming the business doesn't have anything else too conflicting to add, you'll win. Take a new engine with you into court so the judge can see the difference. Take someone with nitro r/c knowledge with you as well. I've done all of the above with other "business disputes". All is not lost, it just takes time and perseverance on your part. In the meantime, get another engine, and go race.

ebay007 07-15-2013 01:48 AM

any progress?

Sakuraszero 08-12-2013 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by ebay007 (Post 12348920)
any progress?

Nope didn't get sorted out as I wasn't allowed to be preset while the staff at radical hobbies in campbellfield Victoria, Australia inspect the used motor they sold to me as new.
Thanks to the shocking experience from Radical Hobbies I have now sold up the nitro car and pretty much turned off the whole scene. The staff at radical hobbies were so rude and cocky towards me saying pretty much there multiple multiple champions and this could never happen. They even said in a email i come across as stupid for even asking to be present while they inspect the motor. I have emails proving my situation and some of the stupidest things I have ever read. Anyone want me to forward emails to them let me know I'm more then happy to send it to you.

archerwin 08-18-2013 08:37 PM

whoops! that's the LHS nearest to me. Good thing I have only bought paints from them. I was thinking of buying a radio and electronics from them... but maybe not anymore.