Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New member, and new to fixing TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New member, and new to fixing TC4

New member. New to upgrading and fixing up my TC4. Here to learn the tips and tricks of getting the most out of my TC4. Currently she is all stock and missing a few small parts to get her running again.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is non TC4 specific stuff, since I don't own one, but I too started out in RC with an incomplete car (RC18B2) and here's some tips.

•If you don't already have it GET THE MANUAL! Most companies have the manuals for download and it's worth printing unless you work on the car right next to your computer. It's going to show you how to hook up the electronics, basic adjustments, default settings for everything and give you an indication of how the car was set up stock. Also, it's the best way to know how to take the car apart and what goes where. (For your TC4, go here http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a...anuals_setups/ )

•Have the right tools. You don't need special RC tools, but if you have hex screws, make sure you have the right size allen wrench, if you have phillips, don't use something too small or too big. Stripping screws is the worst thing to deal with and you'll just end up ruining things.

•If you have the manual, and the tools I like to totally take the whole car apart and put it back together. You learn where everything does, how it fits together and you'll be able to see, and check the manual to make sure everything is already put together ok. I've heard of people buying a rolling chassis and installing electronics only to find out one of the diffs was in backwards...so it's good to check everything.

•Team associated seems really easy to work on for the most part. Their parts are simple and pretty straight forward. I put together a Tamiya Kit and I find them much more complicated (but so much fun!)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...iated-tc4.html

Read the above thread. It covers a lot of details. I have a TC4 and did a lot of the tricks from that thread.