Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xxx-s Slow Compared To Tc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry Xxx-s Slow Compared To Tc3

I dont know guys but everyone seems to be saying that the xxx-s is slow. Im starting to beleive them. If there is any losi guys out there that have any tips or anything useful to tell me which can make my car faster let me know. And yes i know "dont hit the walls".
Old 01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

The XXX-S is NOT slower than a TC3/TC4. If you have the black belt conversion and your bearings and the rest of the drive train is free, it's your gearing, setup and driving line.

I always thought my XXX-S was slow, so one of the fast guys at the track took it, drove it, won the A main and beat my best laps by 3 without even changing ANYTHING.

That tells me my setup is good, but my driving lines and skills aren't so good.

XXX-S is a great car, I'll be keeping mine when the JRX-S ever comes out

So keep driving!! Not hitting boards is good, finding the faster line is the key.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Okay I have the black belt, but I have found no way to free up the car like a tc3 or tc4. I am very nre and I also love the xxx-s,the beltdrive is sweet. I just dont know anybody with one and i need some good advice on setup,and freeing everything up.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You'll never get a belt car to free roll like a shaft car. But this doesnt mean its slower on the track as long as its smooth. Check the losi website for some setups that will get you in the ball park.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

not necessarily. but i wont start another arguement about that again/
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

my XXX-s G+ was way free,,,,
did you cip your belt???
you know,cut off teeth,,cut one, leve one,cut one...ect.

it will help
Old 02-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

for me i think ders no slower car it depends on the driver. me i've been using my xxx's almost a yr. and won many races in our local tracks..
Old 02-08-2005, 08:05 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unless you think your setup is way off I'd suggest asking a faster driver, hopefully one who runs the same car, to drive yours and put in some laps. If his lap times are much faster than you, then you are the problem and not the car.

I had the same feelings for a long time until I had someone else run my car, he ran almost a second faster (track's TQ pace) and was really happy with how my car was setup. It's just my driving is all, I don't hit anything but my line isn't always the fastest. You can look really good on the track and still drive slow.

Many of the winning cars at the track I go to are XXX-S. My friend has one, it's faster than my TC3, the only reason I put down faster laps is more driving experience.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

hey jared go get a tc4

lol
Old 02-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Watcher

Did you get your new car yet?? Okay well when u do lets race my slow xxx-s against what ever u get and i bet i still win. LOL

Its the driver travis thats why im keeping my losi,but if you still have you xxx-s G+ I might be interested in it for 100.00$$
Old 02-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

i know it is the driver but the losi didnt fit me or my style

i got a tc4 and will be there toomorrow testing it

later
Old 02-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 20 bucks

so u got that 20.00$$
Old 02-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

i will when i get my tax return next week or get paid because i just bought jason car $$$$$$
Old 02-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Xxx-s Slow Compared To Tc3

Originally posted by losi211
I dont know guys but everyone seems to be saying that the xxx-s is slow. Im starting to beleive them. If there is any losi guys out there that have any tips or anything useful to tell me which can make my car faster let me know. And yes i know "dont hit the walls".
No car is "slower" compared to others. It's about driving technique, & lines. That's what it consists of. I know you probably figured this out already, but figured, why not just say it again? lol
Old 02-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default NO NO NO

I understand about the whole line of dirving fact, but if you and someone else are just about equal on driving and go through the whole infield about even, then comes the straight and he blows right by you id say the car is slower. Everybody keeps saying driving lines this diving lines that. I WANT SPEED!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.