R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   Novak (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/60011-novak.html)

Dirtfreak15 01-13-2005 07:57 AM

Novak

OK im not a rookie but i thought this was a stuid question.
My Freaking cousin has a novak explorer or somthing with a 15t motor. I have a lpr somthin somthin im not sure but it is blue, and a 13 t motor, Fif i use a 2400 and he uses a 1500 he gets like 2 minutes more run time than i do!!!
why is that??? Is it my motor or is it just the ESC???
:confused:

Thai3g_Eclipse 01-13-2005 08:14 AM

Probably your motor. The lower the turn, the faster the motor is, but that usually means it consumes more.

Dirtfreak15 01-13-2005 09:14 AM

yea but its only a 2t difference
i dident think that could effect the run time by that mutch, and what about my battery. i have a 2400 and he has a 1500
i should be gatting about the same right? bigger battery bigger motor??

Turbo Joe 01-13-2005 11:17 AM

It's probably just your battery. It might be either dead (burned, wasted, smoked) or your charger might be false-peaking. If you're using a Superbrain...I can guarantee it's your charger. :D

Put the charger on a fan to keep it cool. Those things false-peak like CRAZY. (959, the pinkish purple one)

RobS 01-13-2005 12:15 PM

Also check your gearing, if you really undergeared for the type of running you do, you'll get a lot more run time then you would usually get when you properly gear you car.:nod: :nod:

Dirtfreak15 01-13-2005 04:07 PM

ok, there is no way the battery is bad because i just bought it,
and i dont think it false peack charged because i was getting alot of power for about 2 minutes less than him,
and yes i am low geared because of the typ of dirt.

And what do you mean by putting it on a fan??
like one that i gat at walmart to cool myself of with or like a special rc fan?
(if an rc fan then do you know of a company that makes them or a brand i can get at my LHS??? or a website for picture??)

greencactus3 01-13-2005 04:48 PM

any fan works but typically one like a computer fan or w/e you call it works and is mostly 12v too. and so go rip it off a junk computer or go to radioshack.

Turbo Joe 01-13-2005 09:49 PM

You can just set the charger on top of one of those small fans you can get at Walmart (the kind you can tilt up flat).

It really doesn't matter, just use anything that will get some air through it and cool it off some. If those chargers get hot, they false peak. You go OK for a couple minutes, then.........

Been there -- done that, plenty of times. I have one.

Dirtfreak15 01-14-2005 09:23 AM

well i havent got it hot enough to do that yet. the most i have ever charged in a row was 2.

can i get a fan at my lhs for like $10??

Turbo Joe 01-14-2005 10:57 PM

You can buy one at Wal-Mart...

Originally posted by Dirtfreak15
well i havent got it hot enough to do that yet. the most i have ever charged in a row was 2.

can i get a fan at my lhs for like $10??

ace5426 01-22-2005 12:35 PM

yeh get one at wal mart or something....take ur batteries off and then set em on the top of the fan....make sure the fan is faced up so the batteries can sit on the fan....alot faster..