Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
New Here Need Help and info RC8 Brushless !! >

New Here Need Help and info RC8 Brushless !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Here Need Help and info RC8 Brushless !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Here Need Help and info RC8 Brushless !!

So i just picked this buggy up on C List this past weekend, Its a RC8 but im not sure on the model. I Was wondering if someone could chime in on what model it is. i was told first gen RC8 with the brushless conversion kit but im not 100%. Also i just refilled the shocks with 50 weight oil and from what i have ben reaserching that is to heavy i might want to go down to like 30 weight ??? Also can you guys tell me a bit about what shocks i have if you can tell and maybe what i should upgrade ?? It has a mamba monster ESC with castle 2650 motor. Runs really nice and the handling is great as far as i can tell. Anyways i have ben a basher for a bit now with my Revo 3.3 and i wanted a better buggy than my old XTM rail ( handling is horrible & ESC burnt out ). SO i picked this buggy up. im looking to get into tracking it and racing it so any advice would be great

Thanks guys.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Seriously cant someone help me out ???
Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is an original RC8, with upgraded Big Bores shocks found on the newer cars.
If you just bashing then you dont need to be too worried about shock oil but as a guide line/starting point 35W in the front and 30W in the rears. As for diff oils - 5K-5K-5K works the best.

The best upgrade you can get is the RC8B suspension upgrade kit (part 89491) not sure if you can still buy this but sure you will find it on eBay! And the newer blue A, B, C & D plates. That said, buying those parts new, you may well just buy another race roller!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Well thanks, i have some one els saying its a RC8be, im not sure now lol. but yeah i took a look at the a arms and they look like the ones you sent me the part number to. and as far as changin out the a b c d plates it looks like that might only cost around 50 to 60$ total so i dont know why you are saying just to get another new roller ?? But yeah im planing on racing it and tracking it, So im going to go with your plans and get the 35 and 30 weight for the shocks.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The RC8B would have the blue shock towers and the blue a,b,c & d plates.

The arms are the same for RC8, RC8B and RC8B (upgrade kit) - in the upgrade kit you use the black ally towers and the arm without the risers (you will need to dremel the section for the risers) and the shocks mount in the arms (rather than using the risers).

There are pics in one of the threads on here - let me know if you need more info. (you may be correct on the cost........i am uk based and here it is cheaper to buy a second used roller than buying the blue plates - lol!)
Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

ok cool thanks, i reposted this kinda on the electric off road and im getting alot of responces there, i think im going to go with the upgraded shock towers to the rc8b towers and im planing on doing the abcd plates also.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Go to http://www.gridrc.com/ & look at their towers.