Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brushless system please

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default brushless system please

Can anyone suggest a good brushless combo that wont break the bank, and tell me the stuff i would need such as fan and gears thanks. ( i have a hsp tribeshead 94115 1/10 if it helps.)
Old 09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default sensored or sensoeless

For a sensored combo i use a Novak gtb2 an ballistic motor but that will put u down 170$.
For something cheaper i've heard the Castle Creations stuff is good,although i'm not sure how hot it runs so u may need a fan and it's sensorless. Other wise u just need a pinion gear and what ever plugs you use for both.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This setup will be faster, cheaper and given Novak's current rep for quality or lack thereforof, probably even more reliable than any other setup you'll find for under $150. Sensorless means the motor can run "rough" at low rpms but is not something I'd worry about if you're not going to be serious about racing in the near future.

Gearing will be truck and setup specific and the only time I've ever heard of yours is in some of your previous posts. Do you know your trucks final drive ratio, i.e. the gearbox ratio, so we can compare it to other more widely known trucks to give you a guesstimate on a gear ratio?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HpiTiger13
For a sensored combo i use a Novak gtb2 an ballistic motor but that will put u down 170$.
For something cheaper i've heard the Castle Creations stuff is good,although i'm not sure how hot it runs so u may need a fan and it's sensorless. Other wise u just need a pinion gear and what ever plugs you use for both.
How many turns is the balistic motor that you have in mind?? And i see that youu said you use this setup...Do you race with it??
Old 09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Try a team orion experiance pro 2

Hello

If you want something that wount break the bank try a team orion experiance 2 pro I just put one in my old rusty over the weekend man it screams VERY fast with a 7 cell lipo I used a 6 cell nimh 5000 battery that was new and it was hard to keep it straight money was an issuse with me to thats why I went with the team orion im very happy with it cant weit to race it

Take care and good luck

Jeff
Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah a 100$ will get you a speed passion combo pack esc and motor. Great deal and the v3 was just released I'm putting there new 21.5 system in my f104 pro