Wiki Posts
Search

new rcer questions on associated

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new rcer questions on associated

Hi everyone. I am new to RC's. I recently purchased a used 1/10 associated electric sprint car for my 10 year old. I took it to the local shop and with a battery and charger the car is up and running. Guy at the shop said it was a older model and parts are impossible to purchase new. So I am looking to located and stock up on used parts. Here are my questions:

Are used parts available for sale on the internet and where is the best place to look?

How do I determine what model Associated RC I have for the purpose of obtaining correct parts?

What parts would you recomend I attempt to locate and purchase?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James
Old 05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I had a similar problem and from what I've learned, it's probably less of a headache to get a more current car. However:

Are used parts available for sale on the internet and where is the best place to look? (Yes, ebay is probably your best bet along with forums. Look for Associated specific threads or even threads for your particular model.)

How do I determine what model Associated RC I have for the purpose of obtaining correct parts? (Associated site and try to locate an online manual. Most manufacturers will post manuals in PDF form online. At the end of the manuals there should be part listings. If not, try google, might have luck with 3rd party sites uploading manuals.)

What parts would you recomend I attempt to locate and purchase? (Depends really--most likely parts to break are a-arms, turnbuckles, ball joints, things involved with suspension cause those take the brunt of the force in a crash)

Hope that helps a little. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Bud
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Soggybottomboyz;9061727 How do I determine what model Associated RC I have for the purpose of obtaining correct parts? [/QUOTE]

Easiest way to tell what car it is is to post a pic. Someone on here will recognize it.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Easiest way to tell what car it is is to post a pic. Someone on here will recognize it.
He's got to have 10 posts first...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. I work on my 10 posts and try to get a picture up next week. Everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

OK guys I googled and found info on the RC10 at Wikipedia. At first I thought I had a First Generation (no stamp) RC10. Well last night I realized there are holes in the gold chasis, so I was thinking it's a Second Generation gold chasis. The problem is I can't find a AB stamp on the chasis. Where should this stamp be located? I looked on the bottom of the chasis and no stamp. I am not overly concerned with which generation I have purchased, although in my search for spare parts are there any difference in the First and Second generations? Any help would be appreciated. I will post a picture of the car soon, I need my ten posts first.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

We need to see pics of the car to see where the AE stamp would be located.
-Ian
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The stamp would be near the rear of the tranny on the top side, it might even be under the tranny, can't remember. Either way it can be VERY hard to see, it's less than a 1/4 inch tall and is stamped very lightly on those that I've seen.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I think many people are asking you what stamp it has as they are trying to determine if you have an Edinger or a Cadillac. Those were the streets that AE were located on. Edinger were the earliest cars. The reality is that it doesn't really matter much. You have an RC10.

They all had screw holes in the chassis. If yours has larger holes, it is going to have been modified by someone before you. This was a pretty common mod back in the day to remove weight. It's not going to be some rare factory mod.

As far as parts go, RC10 parts are RC10 parts. Search for them on ebay. They are fairly plentiful. However if you want to update things, this is where some complexity is involved. For the most information on those cars I'd suggest looking at rc10talk.com. Lots of good info and pictures. There isn't a question over there about that car that someone can't answer.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fredswain
I think many people are asking you what stamp it has as they are trying to determine if you have an Edinger or a Cadillac. Those were the streets that AE were located on. Edinger were the earliest cars. The reality is that it doesn't really matter much. You have an RC10.

They all had screw holes in the chassis. If yours has larger holes, it is going to have been modified by someone before you. This was a pretty common mod back in the day to remove weight. It's not going to be some rare factory mod.

As far as parts go, RC10 parts are RC10 parts. Search for them on ebay. They are fairly plentiful. However if you want to update things, this is where some complexity is involved. For the most information on those cars I'd suggest looking at rc10talk.com. Lots of good info and pictures. There isn't a question over there about that car that someone can't answer.
+1 on all dat ^

RC10talk is your best bet for info.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default rc10

i have front and rear used springs,two stealth tranny cases(one black,one white) gold motor mount,one used gear cover,one new gear cover,a few slipper discs,and new 81t gear.make offer.