Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still need help with my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Still need help with my wheels

I have gone over many sites that sell wheels, lock nuts and beaded lock rings but every time I look at them I cant figure out if they are the same size as to what came with my truck or if they will work with my truck

If I could find out what size wheels come with the 1/10 losi desert truck it might help me.

But when it comes to measuring I get lost unless it’s in inches or fractions.

And it seems that every thing is in millimeters.

And my book for it only says they are losa7107 desert truck chrome rear wheels (pr) and losa7007 desert truck chrome front wheels w/spacer (pr).

Any help or opinions as to what companies or parts that I can use to make these would be accepted and appreciated.

Here is an image of what I’m trying to do.
Attached Thumbnails Still need help with my wheels-my-wheels.png  
Old 02-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Tech Rookie

If i remember right those losi's have a 1.9 inch wheel or a 2.2inch wheel, most of those kinds of trucks use that size wheel, but if in any doubt ask your loocal hobby shop, but try going on the proline website, usualy most 1/10th trucks have the same wheel.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Rookie

I measured my original wheels to the best of my ability and this is what I came up with.

I hope this is how it should be measured.
Attached Thumbnails Still need help with my wheels-my-wheels.png  
Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So from what I understand, you're basically looking for the exact same wheel, but with a black chrome finish?

Check the major wheel-companies websites. Proline, duratrax, try tower hobbies, amain hobbies, nitrohouse, etc... Surf around, see what you can find. OR, go to your LHS, and bring your wheels in, and ask them for advice.

Check this link, it should help you understand most wheel terminology:
http://prolineracing.com/wheels/velo...offset-wheels/

When you say that "they're measured in Millimetres". What that's referring to is the diameter of the INNER HEX on which your wheel sits, and is bolted to.
For example: The above wheel is 3.97" in height, but may be advertised as a 17mm rim. The 17mm is referring to the inner hex size. Hex sizes vary: 12mm, 17mm, 20mm, 23mm, etc... So, you have to make sure you get the right HEX size to fit your application.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

I forgot to put these images on to show what they look like.

Now the images above are what I want them to look like when done.

I have looked over 60 online stores not knowing if what I was looking at, was the right ones or not.

Thanks guys for all the info and the help I will look and see what I can find as for a LHS I'm deep out in the country surrounded by farm fields, Woods and don't drive so that’s out unless it’s a online shop.

I was thinking of getting into racing but transportation is not an option for me
Attached Thumbnails Still need help with my wheels-picture-7.jpg   Still need help with my wheels-picture-6.jpg  

Last edited by TheRoadWarrior; 02-20-2011 at 11:04 AM.