Wiki Posts
Search

A list of what I need...TC6 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default A list of what I need...TC6 build

Hi all,

I'm new to all things RC and decided to build a TC6 after doing some online research. I've got the kit sitting at home and I'm now looking into all of the electronics and various other things I need to complete the build, when the time comes.

Here's what I know I will need:

1. Motor (Team Epic Trinity D3)
2. ESC (Tekin RS)
3. Servo (still not sure...PO PDS-2413ICS Low Profile)
4. Battery (Thunder Power 5000mAh 40C (x2)...or some equivalent)
5. Battery Charger (don't know)
6. Transmitter (Spektrum DX3S or R...looking for a good deal)
7. Receiver (Spektrum SR 3300T...telemetry would be cool to have)
8. Wheels and tires (HPI X-pattern)
9. GT Body/race body (as per spec class racing/expert-pro class)

Here are a couple things I've come across that I'm not sure if I need or not:

1. Surface Module (Isn't a receiver all you need to communicate with the transmitter? Do I need a module?)
2. Pinion Gear (I know I need a pinion gear, probably several, but the instruction manual from my kit doesn't mention it as something I need)

I guess that's it.

Please respond with additional stuff I will need or even suggestions as to what I should actually purchase. I've been doing a TON of research on it but sometimes it's hard to figure out what is necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Loop
Old 01-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Go to www.hobbypartz.com and get a thunder ac6 charger its a balancing charger for $55 me and some friends use them without any problems.

Also read up on lipo'shttp://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.htmlCredit to finding this site goes to duster_360.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. That charger looks perfect. This is one thing I have not looked into at all so I have no idea if there are advantages to having one charger over another, but this one looks to have the necessary features. Nice price on that site too! Expected another $100 plus expenditure coming my way.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks. That charger looks perfect. This is one thing I have not looked into at all so I have no idea if there are advantages to having one charger over another, but this one looks to have the necessary features. Nice price on that site too! Expected another $100 plus expenditure coming my way.
Anutime,you might also look for help in the on-road section of the forum.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

FYI,

I got AC6 charger and like it a lot. Haven't used it much yet but..so far money well spent. I paid $42 with free shipping...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

You don't need that motor combo. Have u seen the citrix 17.5 my combo? Can be had for 90.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Surface Module = Receiver or more commonly known as a Rx.

There should be a pinion gear included with the kit.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

with any kit like associated, xray, tamiya (high end), and etc, they don't come with any pinions due to so many different turn motors. the manual will tell you what pinion you will need for certain motors. but if you are running at a local track, i would ask around to see what kind of gear ratio they are running.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

You should also get longer screws for thr roll center adjustors that srew into the bulkhead because the kit screws dont go in far enough and will strip easy. Also you need 2mm spacers to space the rear shocks so that the are vertical and so the spring retainer doesn't hit the rear a arm. And the front shocks 2mm spacer so shocks are more upright and not leaning towards center of car, bottom of front shocks are fine and u dont need a 2mm washer behind ballstud. Shock shafts you will need about 2mm of threads showing to get proper ride height.