Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
New to forums, hi. >

New to forums, hi.

New to forums, hi.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to forums, hi.

I was into racing about 15 yrs ago or so, I'm wanting to get back into it again but a lot has changed since my day. Does anyone have any links where i can learn about all the new stuff ? I still have my old RC10 T2, it runs good still, very fast, but i might be upgrading to the RC10 T4.1.
BTW, hi to you all.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Don't really know any links for catching up, just start reading. Maybe go to an online store than has good tech info on their items (Tower Hobbies, AMain) and start checking out new gear. I'm sure that'll raise questions and this is good place to get them answered.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Welcome back! It would probably be smart to upgrade. I haven't checked but I'm guessing that parts for the t2 would be hard to find considering that my friend had a very tough time finding his parts for his t3. Oh, and hi
Old 11-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

whats up.
If someone were to write everything about rc cars that has changed over the last 15 years it would take a couple of months.
Could you be more specific on what you want to know...
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

believe it or not the original rc10t is still competitve on the club level.
the t2 would be too. parts availability would be tough but most parts are still available on ebay, even rc10.com lists parts as still available.

sure the easy thing to do would be to upgrade to a t4, but it's fun to run the oldies and they are still world class race machines.

infact i'm in the process of building an og rc10t to race at the local track in the mod truck class.

what's new in rc? the two most important things are brushless motors and lipo batteries. tires have come a long way as well. and now we have 2.4ghz radios that eliminate frequency conflicts and glitching.

i just got back into racing after a 17 year lay off, i'd say it's more fun then ever right now. welcome back!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is sooooooo much new stuff. So just take your time and ask around. You can also read the forums on here.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I can relate to the difficulty in finding out information on how things have changed. There are a lot of things that are just considered so basic now that people don't even think to talk about them.

It is very difficult to sift through forums, even a thread that is specific to your car, when it's 500+ pages, and you can get a run of 5 pages about someones paint job. I have nothing against that, but there is a definite learning curve.

Keep at it though. I have found very resourceful and friendly people here, and google helps tremendously.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

welcome back to the party!!!!! as for figuring out about all the new stuff thats out...i hope ur not busy for a couple of weeks cuz ur going to b doing ALOT of reading and site surfing...lol